website statistics

Women's Ice Hockey IIHF Division I Group B World Championship 2019

hckošice

1 hour ago, Dennis said:

Surprisingly good championships for :NED so far. Didn’t think they would be in the race for promotion after they promoted to this division last year.

Really really impressed by this team so far, I must admit I did not have big trust and hopes on :NED to maintain themselves in this division, but I was pleasantly surprised. 4 games 4 regular times wins. and if Poland does not beat China in Regulation time :NED will be already promoted before the last matchday.

So far :CHN - :POL 1-1

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

Really really impressed by this team so far, I must admit I did not have big trust and hopes on :NED to maintain themselves in this division, but I was pleasantly surprised. 4 games 4 regular times wins. and if Poland does not beat China in Regulation time :NED will be already promoted before the last matchday.

So far :CHN - :POL 1-1

Then they’ll play against :SWE during the next World Championships. Who would’ve predicted that?!

2 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Then they’ll play against :SWE during the next World Championships. Who would’ve predicted that?!

yeah and Slovakia will probably replace your team in Div I B if our girls continue the miserable way they are playing this week :wall:

Anyway Poland won over China 4-3 in Regulation Time, so we will have a decisive do-or-die match NED vs POL for the promotion

Wednesday April 10th, 2019 -

Round-Robin Day 4 Results (GMT +8)

13:00  :LAT Latvia  1 - 3  Netherlands :NED

16:30  :CHN China  3 - 4  Poland :POL

20:00  :KAZ Kazakhstan  1 - 5  South Korea :KOR

Provisional Standing After Day 4:

1. Netherlands  12

------------------

2. Poland  9

3. China  6

4. South Korea  6

5. Latvia  2

------------------

6. Kazakhstan  1

30 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Is it enough for :POL just to win against :NED or do we need some goal difference?

In all IIHF events, the first and main tie breaker is always the head to head result. So always when two teams are tied in points, you have to look for the result and winner of their respective match.

So here as well, if :POL  win over the :NED in Regulation Time both teams will be at 12 points. Poland will be ranked first because of win in the h2h confrontation. absolutely no matter if you win 1-0, 5-0 or 100-0.

(the overal goal average has absolutely no impact. it may have influence only in case of a 3 or more teams points tie, we then need to have a mini table of the concerned teams and their respective matches, first tiebreaker points from those games, and if there still a tie only then we use the second tiebreaker the overal score and if still tied, the 3rd tiebreaker will be higher amount of scored goals for, if still tiedthe next tiebreaker is the result of all 3 or more teams against the higher next ranked team, if still tied, then the very last tiebreaker is the IIHF ranking seeding of the teams before the tournament - but again this is only for 3 or more teams tied on points)

Friday April 12th, 2019 -

Round-Robin Last Day Schedule (GMT +8)

13:00  :POL Poland vs Netherlands :NED

16:30  :KOR South Korea vs Latvia :LAT

20:00  :KAZ Kazakhstan vs China :CHN

1)

*The Netherlands and Poland are still fighting for Gold and Promotion to the Women´s Division I Group A World Chapionships, and it will be decided in a Direct match between both teams.

**NED - will qualify if they earn at least 1 point from this match, the Regulation Time Win, Overtime/Penalty Shoot-Out Win and Overtime/Penalty Shoot-Out Lose will all be enough for gold medal and qualification.

***POL - will qualify only if they win the match in Regulation Time.

2)

*Latvia and Kazakhstan are still fighting for the maintain in this division.

**LAT - will avoid the relegation if they win against South Korea (it doesn´t matter if in Regulation Time or after Overtime/penalty Shoot-Out) a OT/PSO lose will be enough if Kazakhstan doesn´t win over China in Regulation Time, Even a Regulation Time Lose may be enough if Kazakhstan doesn´t beat China (it doesn´t matter if in Regulation Time or after Overtime/penalty Shoot-Out).

***KAZ - will avoid the relegation if they win against China in Regulation Time and Latvia doesn´t beat South Korea, a OT/PSO win may be enough but South Korea will have to beat Latvia in Regulation Time.