web
analytics
Jump to content
hckosice

Men's Ice Hockey Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, phelps said:

Slovenia (if Kopi is there and in decent shape), otherwise Denmark + Germany + Norway are my picks...

 

Kopitar will be there also many Danes, Germans and another couple of players from AUT LAT FRA. The question is what is for them the most important. qualify to winter olympics where they will at 90% not play because NHL will not allow their players to compete at WOG this time or the upcomming World Cup of hockey.

 

As I know Miroslav Šatan said that he hope they will mainly peak in 3 weeks at world cup and they will not injure during the qualifiers tournament.

 

PS yesterday I watched the first :AUT test match between Austria with T. and M. Raffl and Grabner against our League team in Vienna. SVK won 0:2 but especially the first austrian line has been excellent ! Germany can have troubles (once again :lol:) with them..we all remember the qualification tournament for Sochi. GER was favorite and Austria underestimated underdog

 

yesterdays goals AUT-SVK (league team)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hckosice said:

 

Kopitar will be there also many Danes, Germans and another couple of players from AUT LAT FRA. The question is what is for them the most important. qualify to winter olympics where they will at 90% not play because NHL will not allow their players to compete at WOG this time or the upcomming World Cup of hockey.

 

As I know Miroslav Šatan said that he hope they will mainly peak in 3 weeks at world cup and they will not injure during the qualifiers tournament.

 

PS yesterday I watched the first :AUT test match between Austria with T. and M. Raffl and Grabner against our League team in Vienna. SVK won 0:2 but especially the first austrian line has been excellent ! Germany can have troubles (once again :lol:) with them..we all remember the qualification tournament for Sochi. GER was favorite and Austria underestimated underdog

 

yesterdays goals AUT-SVK (league team)

 

 

yeah, I also watched a few minutes of that game (I was alternating the Football Champions League matches Rostov-Ajax, Salzburg-Dinamo Zagreb and the Hockey match)...:d

not bad for an August warm up...;)

 

and yes, I also remember the 2014 qualis (there was the Italian team, too)...but I think this time GER won't waste the chance (even if they have to take care not only of the arch-rivals from AUT, but also of the hosts from LAT, who are always boosted when they are at home in front of their very hot fans)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, phelps said:

 

yeah, I also watched a few minutes of that game (I was alternating the Football Champions League matches Rostov-Ajax, Salzburg-Dinamo Zagreb and the Hockey match)...:d

not bad for an August warm up...;)

 

and yes, I also remember the 2014 qualis (there was the Italian team, too)...but I think this time GER won't waste the chance (even if they have to take care not only of the arch-rivals from AUT, but also of the hosts from LAT, who are always boosted when they are at home in front of their very hot fans)...

 

Right, It´s going for a very close and exciting tournament..all 3 tournaments :) even with nowadays new wave hockey where the matches rarely end in regular time. everything can happen...each team have a shot..maybe except Japan

 

Good luck to Italy btw...Dificult group, Norway and France are supposed to fight for the ticket, especially France has a good chances to finally return under the 5 rings since Salt Lake 2002, Norway play each year with same players and at home they will be very strong but as I said in nowadays hockey everything is possible :d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, we will not only know all of the teams, but we will also know all of the groups one and a half year before Olympic tournament starts. Makes so much sense. :lol:


All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yeah, we will not only know all of the teams, but we will also know all of the groups one and a half year before Olympic tournament starts. Makes so much sense. :lol:

 

Actually its the same a pretty couple of olympics :evil:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, hckosice said:

 

Actually its the same a pretty couple of olympics :evil:

 

For Sochi it was only 1 year :p


All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, dcro said:

 

For Sochi it was only 1 year :p

 

The main thing was this time to schedule the final round before the NHL season start to allow as many nations as possible to be able to play with their top players, which wasn´t possible in the previous editions.

 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/8/2016 at 11:55, hckosice said:

 

Kopitar will be there also many Danes, Germans and another couple of players from AUT LAT FRA. The question is what is for them the most important. qualify to winter olympics where they will at 90% not play because NHL will not allow their players to compete at WOG this time or the upcomming World Cup of hockey.

 

As I know Miroslav Šatan said that he hope they will mainly peak in 3 weeks at world cup and they will not injure during the qualifiers tournament.

 

PS yesterday I watched the first :AUT test match between Austria with T. and M. Raffl and Grabner against our League team in Vienna. SVK won 0:2 but especially the first austrian line has been excellent ! Germany can have troubles (once again :lol:) with them..we all remember the qualification tournament for Sochi. GER was favorite and Austria underestimated underdog

 

yesterdays goals AUT-SVK (league team)

 

 

I'm pretty sure that our NHL players have the Olympic qualification as the main goal even though several of them are going to the World Cup. Simply because it would be the first time and a huge thing for danish Ice hockey, even though it may be without NHL players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:DEN Denmark Squad :DEN 

 

Goalies: 
Frederik Andersen, Toronto
Sebastian Dahm, Graz 99ers
Simon Nielsen, Herning

Defensemen:
Philip Larsen, Vancouver
Oliver Lauriden, Jokerit
Jesper B. Jensen, Jokerit
Nicholas B. Jensen, Rungsted
Stefan Lassen, Pelicans Lahti
Emil Kristensen, Linköping
Daniel Nielsen, Herning
Markus Lauridsen, Leksand

Forwards: 
Frans Nielsen, Detroit
Mikkel Bødker, San Jose
Oliver Bjorkstrand, Columbus
Jannik Hansen, Vancouver
Nikolaj Ehlers, Winnipeg
Peter Regin, Jokerit
Mads Christensen, München
Nichlas Hardt, Malmö
Frederik Storm, Malmö
Morten Green, Rungsted
Morten Madsen, Karlskrona
Nicklas Jensen, New York Rangers
Mathias Bau, Frederikshavn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Agger said:

 

I'm pretty sure that our NHL players have the Olympic qualification as the main goal even though several of them are going to the World Cup. Simply because it would be the first time and a huge thing for danish Ice hockey, even though it may be without NHL players.

 

It´s still hardly believable that Denmark never played the olympics..assuming your team strength in last decade.

 

Maybe this is the time :) but you have a very very hard group..I´m really looking forward for the matches :bounce: I think we never had so much challenging olympic qualification tournaments in ice hockey than this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...