Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

hckosice

Men's Ice Hockey Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

what a miss by Kulakov from some 5cm :lol:

and in same time first Austrian goal in the qualifiers marked by one of my favorite spelling practice names Thomas Hundertpfund..the second one is in french team the fabulous Kevin Hecquefeuille try to repeat his name 3 times in a row :d

naaa...that's not so difficult...Thai weighlifters have a lot more complicated names...by far...:evil::rofl:

by the way, wow! what a day 1 of Olympic quali we're having!

I'm happy for Anze and his Slovenia...I hope they can do it...

and, despite the bitter loss, I'm also happy that Italy weren't blown out by the French...

meanwhile I guess that my former girlfriend (who's from Innsbruck, AUT) is not that happy...:whistle:

FINAL QUALIFICATION ROUND

Tournament 2

:LAT Riga (LAT) - 01.09.2016 - 04.09.2016 :LAT

Day 1 Results

Round-Robin

4 Nations, Round-Robin Tournament, 1st Nation will Qualify to the Men´s Ice Hockey Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

:GER Germany  5 - 0  Japan :JPN

(Score by Period: 2-0, 3-0, 0-0)

1st September 2016, h. 15:30 (GMT +3), Arena Riga, Riga

:AUT Austria  1 - 8  Latvia :LAT     

(Score by Period: 1-2, 0-3, 0-3)

1st September 2016, h. 19:30 (GMT +3), Arena Riga, Riga

Round-Robin Standing After Day 1

RANK NATION GAME WINS W(OT) L(OT) LOSE SCORE POINTS
1 :LAT Latvia 1 1 0 0 0 8:1 3
2 :GER Germany 1 1 0 0 0 5:0 3
3 :JPN Japan 1 0 0 0 1 0:5 0
4 :AUT Austria 1 0 0 0 1 1:8 0

1 minute ago, phelps said:

naaa...that's not so difficult...Thai weighlifters have a lot more complicated names...by far...:evil::rofl:

by the way, wow! what a day 1 of Olympic quali we're having!

I'm happy for Anze and his Slovenia...I hope they can do it...

and, despite the bitter loss, I'm also happy that Italy weren't blown out by the French...

meanwhile I guess that my former girlfriend (who's from Innsbruck, AUT) is not that happy...:whistle:

do you mean the winner of Beijing 2008 under 53kg ? :d because thats definitely yes the most. unbeatable :d

oh yes great day, still the NOR vs KAZ to finish. but what a day, Italy play with a totally new team, I am not familiar with at least 60 % of your players playing in Oslo. Great and all my respect for the way Italy choosed to go, despite the importance of the tournament there no so many "naturalized" North Americans with Italian "decents" but you are trying with many young new faces. respect. ofc there still the top leaders in the team as Larkin or Scandella and great Bernard in the goal but many new faces are trully refreshing this new Italy team :yes

Slovenia played very good, a lot of very nice actions and goals. They have a great team, but I still think this BLR group will be opened untill the end.

Austria is a joke really, they don´t deserve to be there, some teams from the previous round like HUN for example deserved more to play this final qualification round than this joke team..

I start to watch Kazakistan - Norway only now.. And wow! What surprise :woot: 

Looks like I predicted last finishers or something :lol:

Kazakhstan was leading 3-1 against Norway 59 seconds before the end of the match, but suddenly they find the way how to throw away the lead by the most stupidest way I´ve ever seen in my life :lol: so it´s 3-3 and we are going to the extra time.

both today matches in Oslo ended in over time

and Kazakhstan won in extra time :lol: what a crazy match and what a big troubles for Norway now

Kazakhstan won :woot: I think that we'll see a great battle for the quota in Oslo between :KAZ:FRA and :NOR 

FINAL QUALIFICATION ROUND

Tournament 3

:NOR Oslo (NOR) - 01.09.2016 - 04.09.2016 :NOR

Day 1 Results

Round-Robin

4 Nations, Round-Robin Tournament, 1st Nation will Qualify to the Men´s Ice Hockey Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

:FRA France  (OT)2 - 1  Italy :ITA

(Score by Period: 0-0, 1-1, 0-0, OT: 1-0)

1st September 2016, h. 16:00 (GMT +2), Jordal Amfi, Oslo

:KAZ Kazakhstan  (OT)4 - 3  Norway :NOR     

(Score by Period: 0-0, 3-1, 0-2, OT: 1-0)

1st September 2016, h. 20:00 (GMT +2), Jordal Amfi, Oslo

Round-Robin Standing After Day 1

RANK NATION GAME WINS W(OT) L(OT) LOSE SCORE POINTS
1 :KAZ Kazakhstan 1 0 1 0 0 4:3 2
2 :FRA France 1 0 1 0 0 2:1 2
3 :NOR Norway 1 0 0 1 0 3:4 1
4 :ITA Italy 1 0 0 1 0 1:2 1

Slovenia overpowers Poland

Kopitar's return lifts Slovenia to easy win

Slovenia overpowers Poland

Slovenia's Ziga Jeglic #8 and Rok Ticar # 24 celebrate after scoring against Poland during Men's Final Olympic Qualification, Group D played in Minsk

A hat-trick by Anze Kopitar sets Slovenia on course to an emphatic opening day win at the Final Olympic Qualification, Group D.

A goal in each period by the NHL star saw Poland emphatically toppled 6-1. Another of Slovenia's big hitters, Jan Mursak contributed with 1+1 while Blaz Gregorc and Ken Ograjensek both recorded two helpers.

Poland who last featured at the Olympic Winter games in Alberville 1992 can look back at an afternoon they soon want to forget with Krystian Dziubinski scoring Poland's sole marker with 2:48 left of the game.

Slovenia, who made their first appearance at an Olympic ice hockey tournament in Sochi two years ago, top Group D for a place in PyeongChang 2018 after their bright opening day performance.

"Our goal was to win the game, but it is only one win and tomorrow is a new game," said Slovenia's head coach Nik Zupancic trying to keep lid on expectations for what is to come.

Poland who entered the Group D as the lowest ranked teams in Minsk, had their game plan clearly set out ahead of their game.

"We tried to play as hard as we could with the key for us not to give up any goals, and surprise with one or two ourselves," said Poland's defenceman Adam Borzecki.

"But we were perhaps a bit too open against a really strong team and we made a couple of mistakes and it cost us goals as they capitalised on their chances."

Poland's game plan held out until 4:10 left of the first frame. During their third consecutive minor penalty, Kopitar stepped up to convert a rebound to open the scoring. Before the period was over Roc Ticar combined with Ziga Jeglic, with the latter doubling Slovenia's lead at 17:38.

In the previous meeting between the two teams, played at the end of April at the 2016 World Championship Division IA, Poland prevailed thanks to a strong second period showing as they rallied back to 4-1 win.

This time around, Slovenia proved to be a different propositon. Mursak, one of Slovenia's returning stars, picked up the puck from his own defensive zone and surged ahead to beat Przemyslaw Odrobny in Poland's net with a backhand for Slovenia's third. At 24:46 Kopitar added Slovenia's unanswered fourth and before the middle frame was over a top drawer finished by Ales Kranjc had made it 5-0.

The teams had barely got out of the ice for the final frame when Slovenia wasted little time to add a sixth unanswered goal as Kopitar completed his hat-trick with an emphatic low strike.

With the game already well dead and buried, Kroselj's shutout big held out until 2:48 to go when a Pawel Dronia looping pass from defensive zone, saw Dziubinski race clear to hit home high past Slovenia's netminder.

As Poland look to lick their wounds and aim for an improved performance against hosts Belarus tomorrow evening, Denmark awaits for Slovenia. For Zupancic, it is Denmark who will enter tomorrow's battle feeling the height of expectations.

"Denmark are a really creative team who play with a lot of passion and a lot of skill. In my opinion the favourite of this tournament," he said.