website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

17 minutes ago, Dimast said:

Final Russia - Canada would be cool. Germany great fellows, but all Russia wanted Canada. This is not serious

Germany can be more dangerous than Canada :p they play like a team with full of grinta ( enthusiasm) ,  they remind me some how of Italian football :d

31 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

As far as I know , national federations are the ones to pay insurance for NBA teams in basketball is this right ?

yes, as it is for the other leagues in any team sport that requires it...

the NHL was the only league that was able to negotiate that privilege of having their insurance cost paid by the IOC, but, as @hckosice wrote, it was a mid-term agreement, which expired after the Sochi Olympics...

and, not to be forced to follow the same policy with other sports/leagues, the IOC and the IIHF had to refuse going on with that...otherwise it would have become not sustainable for them...

hopefully, next NHL CBA would include the Olympic stoppage as mandatory for the NHL, even if the NHL teams owners have already said that they are ready to face another lockout, but they would not give up such things so easily...

we'll see in the next years, when the next CBA wil be negotiated...

19 минут назад, NikolaB сказал:

Yes you are right. I want to say first final, but ok. However congratulations, hope this time it will be gold

Thanks. I hope that Russia will win and everyone will finally calm down. 26 years without Olympic gold in hockey in Russia is perceived as a national tragedy :d

Edited by Dimast

8 минут назад, thepharoah сказал:

Germany can be more dangerous than Canada :p they play like a team with full of grinta ( enthusiasm) ,  they remind me some how of Italian football :d

Yes I know. It would be easier with Canada. And the victory would be louder

1 hour ago, phelps said:

yes, as it is for the other leagues in any team sport that requires it...

the NHL was the only league that was able to negotiate that privilege of having their insurance cost paid by the IOC, but, as @hckosice wrote, it was a mid-term agreement, which expired after the Sochi Olympics...

and, not to be forced to follow the same policy with other sports/leagues, the IOC and the IIHF had to refuse going on with that...otherwise it would have become not sustainable for them...

hopefully, next NHL CBA would include the Olympic stoppage as mandatory for the NHL, even if the NHL teams owners have already said that they are ready to face another lockout, but they would not give up such things so easily...

we'll see in the next years, when the next CBA wil be negotiated...

The problem is that for basketball in the summer is fun with nba players but you don't have to stop the league (Like you would have for baseball)      and it is not the main attraction.  And if that will stop, i dont believe the damage will be severe.      Winter however was more dependant on NHL since its really the only main stream team sport.   So the IOC had to pay up.  However i dont know how from here we go back to NHL participating.   My feeling is that Beijing will also not have NHL players.   Maybe next North American winter games if calgary gets 2026 or USA 2030