website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

3 minutes ago, hckosice said:

and we hopefully agreed about who you are going to cheer on :old:

Hopp Schwiss!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 hours ago, phelps said:

by the way, very interesting team, the Finnish one...

I'm not sure they're as good as the Russians and the Swedes, but surely they're gonna be among the medal contenders...as always, most of their fortune will be on their goalies' shoulders...

the Swiss...well, the Swiss are almost always the same team...no surporise from them...

they're gonna play a very entertaining and technical style of hockey, they will probably make some upsets to the top 6 "big name" Countries, but they still lack some size and some offensive power (meaning also one or two true "natural born goal scorers") to have a real shot against the powehouses of the game...

since i dont know any of the players, are the americans have an outside chance at a medal? or are they and canadians the ones that are hurt most with the absence of the nhl?

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

ya...

is this the only reason for your choice  or do you have any other argument for this ...sudden treason ?

Reveal hidden contents

689f4f618b6965816e75b012677d0a54.jpg

:lol:

Nah, I like Switzerland so I'll be cheering for them, but mostly for Slovakia, no worries :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Maxim Fastovsky said:

since i dont know any of the players, are the americans have an outside chance at a medal? or are they and canadians the ones that are hurt most with the absence of the nhl?

The US medal should be a bigger surprise than the Canadian one. but well, it depends on the Group Stage results, better rank in the first round may result in a more favorable opponents pairing in the Quarterfinals.

From then, it´s the play-offs, so you know, everything is possible..

ofc there not some killing machines like Patrick Kane or Matthews in this roster :( but the nominated guys are still above average in European Hockey, I watched all USA matches last November at the Dutschland Cup, even if the team finished pointless last, the team played much better than the results showed, I especially appreciated guys like Stoa or Greenway, they were very fast and dangerous every time on the ice and + Zapolski is one absolutely great goalie

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

What is Schwiss?

The typo version of Schwiiz :whistle:

Just now, dcro said:

Some supporter... :evil:

I'm just a Slovak supporter trying to also give a little cheer to Switzerland, don't blame me.