website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

17 minutes ago, Agger said:

Oh yeah. Didn't read the article, just saw the names and wanted to be first :p

haha, ok :d no problem, we will add them when they will be revealed :yes

btw the team is looking fine, very good goaltending, strong defencers and already top names in the offensive. but personally I´m very happy to see Rasmus Dahlin being selected. what a incredible talent, even if the Junior worlds this year were not precisely his best tournament so far, he already showed some great skills and excellent reading of the game at his age (17) !!! :)

maybe I've written too early that Sweden's roster wouldn't be so impressive...:mumble:

well, this is quite a good roster for a team that can't count on their NHLers...:d

more than solid goaltending, young talent, a lot of experience (also in the NHL, even if those guys are currently not playing there) and also size doesn't lack this squad...

waiting for the Finns, 4 weeks before the Games, I'd say: RUS well ahead, SWE in the hunt and CAN ready to upset the 2 big favourites...no chance for the Czechs and very little room (if any) for major surprises from the "true outsiders"...

4 minutes ago, phelps said:

maybe I've written too early that Sweden's roster wouldn't be so impressive...:mumble:

well, this is quite a good roster for a team that can't count on their NHLers...:d

more than solid goaltending, young talent, a lot of experience (also in the NHL, even if those guys are currently not playing there) and also size doesn't lack this squad...

waiting for the Finns, 4 weeks before the Games, I'd say: RUS well ahead, SWE in the hunt and CAN ready to upset the 2 big favourites...no chance for the Czechs and very little room (if any) for major surprises from the "true outsiders"...

I was sure, Sweden will send a strong team, so this is not a surprise to me

btw Slovak team will be announced by Craig Ramsey and Miro Šatan tomorrow from 13:00 cet. If you are interested you can follow the livestream here

https://www.facebook.com/SlovakHockey/

4 minutes ago, hckosice said:

I was sure, Sweden will send a strong team, so this is not a surprise to me

btw Slovak team will be announced by Craig Ramsey and Miro Šatan tomorrow from 13:00 cet. If you are interested you can follow the livestream here

https://www.facebook.com/SlovakHockey/

thanks...

probably at that time of the day I won't have the chance to follow the event live, but for sure I'm gonna read all the news (and your thoughts) here as soon as it happens...:d;)

about Sweden..I'm not saying that I'm surprised of how good they are...just I didn't realize how many "names" and former NHLers they still have to choose from all around Europe...the depth of the Swedish hockey is so, so impressive (I admit...I'm so jealous...what I'd like Italian hockey be just half of Sweden's)...

Edited by phelps

7 hours ago, hckosice said:

haha, ok :d no problem, we will add them when they will be revealed :yes

btw the team is looking fine, very good goaltending, strong defencers and already top names in the offensive. but personally I´m very happy to see Rasmus Dahlin being selected. what a incredible talent, even if the Junior worlds this year were not precisely his best tournament so far, he already showed some great skills and excellent reading of the game at his age (17) !!! :)

Seems like quite a lot of people agree with you about Dahlin.

The 2 extra spots are btw kept as some of the wanted players are slightly injured. They want to give them a few more days to see if they get ready.

so here it is

:SVK TEAM SLOVAKIA :SVK

Goaltenders:

• Ján Laco (HC Sparta Prague, :CZE )
  • Branislav Konrád (HC Olomouc, :CZE )
  • Patrik Rybár (HK Mountfield Hradec Králové, :CZE

Defencers:

• Ivan Baranka (HC Vitkovice Ridera, :CZE )
  • Michal Čajkovský (HC Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg, KHL, :RUS )
  • Dominik Graňák (HC Škoda Plzeň, :CZE)
  • Marek Ďaloga (HC Sparta Prague, :CZE )
  • Tomáš Starosta (HK Dukla Trenčín)
  • Juraj Valach (Piráti Chomutov, :CZE )
  • Peter Čerešňák (HC Škoda Plzeň, :CZE )
  • Juraj Mikuš (HC Sparta Prague, :CZE

Forwards:

• Martin Bakoš (Bílí Tygři Liberec, :CZE )
  • Miloš Bubela (HC '05 iClinic Banská Bystrica)
  • Marcel Haščák (HC Kometa Brno, :CZE )
  • Lukáš Cingeľ (HK Mountfield Hradec Králové, :CZE )
  • Tomáš Marcinko (HC Oceláři Třinec, :CZE )
  • Patrik Lamper (HC '05 iClinic Banská Bystrica)
  • Ladislav Nagy (HC Košice)  :clap::clap::clap:
  • Tomáš Surový (HC '05 iClinic Banská Bystrica)
  • Andrej Kudrna (HC Sparta Prague, :CZE )
  • Peter Ölvecký (HK Dukla Trenčín)
  • Michal Krištof (HK Nitra)
  • Matej Paulovič (HK Nitra)
  • Matúš Sukeľ (MHk 32 Liptovský Mikuláš)
  • Marek Hovorka (HC Košice)  :hyper:

Some really interesting surprises, both Hudáček brothers (Július and Libor) missing is a true shock !!! Also no one player from KHL Slovan Bratislava ! DEAD !!! :roflmao:

All in all a very surprising team was chosen by Craig Ramsey and Miro Šatan, only 1 player from KHL is totally unexpected, but glad that Čajkovský is in, his %Chára" size and style is very important in such tournament. and he has a incredibly strong shoot from the blue line, so very necessary to have such defencer in the team.

14 players from C zech league is maybe too much, but all nominated players have decent season, so OK, we will again rely on Laco in the net thats good as well.

10 players from our league is a interesting move and can help the youngs much.

But there also many experiences in the team, Dominik Graňák played already 175 matches with our National Team :bowdown: Tomáš Starosta 140 and Tomáš Surový 118.

The oldest player in the team and also the best scorer is Laco Nagy, the youngest is one of the U20 Bronze medalist team of 2016 Matúš Súkeľ.

:KOR TEAM SOUTH KOREA :KOR

Goaltenders:

• Matt Dalton (Anyang Halla)
  • Park Kye-Hoon (Sangmu)
  • Park Sung-Je (High1 Chuncheon)

Defencers:

• Cho Hyung-Gon (Sangmu)
  • Kim Won-Jun (Anyang Halla)
  • Lee Don-Ku (Anyang Halla)
  • Oh Hyon-ho (Daemyung Killer Whales)
  • Alex Plante (Anyang Halla)
  • Eric Regan (Anyang Halla)
  • Seo Yeong-Jun (Daemyung Killer Whales)
  • Bryan Young (Daemyung Killer Whales)

Forwards:

• Ahn Jin-Hui (Sangmu)
  • Cho Min-Ho (Anyang Halla)
  • Jeon Jung-Woo (Sangmu)
  • Kim Ki-Sung (Anyang Halla)
  • Kim Sang-Wook (Anyang Halla)
  • Kim Won-Jung (Anyang Halla)
  • Lee Young-Jun (Daemyung Killer Whales)
  • Park Jin-Kyu (Sangmu)
  • Park Woo-Sang (Anyang Halla)
  • Brock Radunske (Anyang Halla)
  • Shin Sang-Hoon (Sangmu)
  • Shin Sang-Woo (Anyang Halla)
  • Michael Swift (High1 Chuncheon)
  • Mike Testwuide (High1 Chuncheon)

On 17/1/2018 at 16:52, hckosice said:

so here it is

:SVK TEAM SLOVAKIA :SVK

Goaltenders:

• Ján Laco (HC Sparta Prague, :CZE )
  • Branislav Konrád (HC Olomouc, :CZE )
  • Patrik Rybár (HK Mountfield Hradec Králové, :CZE

Defencers:

• Ivan Baranka (HC Vitkovice Ridera, :CZE )
  • Michal Čajkovský (HC Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg, KHL, :RUS )
  • Dominik Graňák (HC Škoda Plzeň, :CZE)
  • Marek Ďaloga (HC Sparta Prague, :CZE )
  • Tomáš Starosta (HK Dukla Trenčín)
  • Juraj Valach (Piráti Chomutov, :CZE )
  • Peter Čerešňák (HC Škoda Plzeň, :CZE )
  • Juraj Mikuš (HC Sparta Prague, :CZE

Forwards:

• Martin Bakoš (Bílí Tygři Liberec, :CZE )
  • Miloš Bubela (HC '05 iClinic Banská Bystrica)
  • Marcel Haščák (HC Kometa Brno, :CZE )
  • Lukáš Cingeľ (HK Mountfield Hradec Králové, :CZE )
  • Tomáš Marcinko (HC Oceláři Třinec, :CZE )
  • Patrik Lamper (HC '05 iClinic Banská Bystrica)
  • Ladislav Nagy (HC Košice)  :clap::clap::clap:
  • Tomáš Surový (HC '05 iClinic Banská Bystrica)
  • Andrej Kudrna (HC Sparta Prague, :CZE )
  • Peter Ölvecký (HK Dukla Trenčín)
  • Michal Krištof (HK Nitra)
  • Matej Paulovič (HK Nitra)
  • Matúš Sukeľ (MHk 32 Liptovský Mikuláš)
  • Marek Hovorka (HC Košice)  :hyper:

Some really interesting surprises, both Hudáček brothers (Július and Libor) missing is a true shock !!! Also no one player from KHL Slovan Bratislava ! DEAD !!! :roflmao:

All in all a very surprising team was chosen by Craig Ramsey and Miro Šatan, only 1 player from KHL is totally unexpected, but glad that Čajkovský is in, his %Chára" size and style is very important in such tournament. and he has a incredibly strong shoot from the blue line, so very necessary to have such defencer in the team.

14 players from C zech league is maybe too much, but all nominated players have decent season, so OK, we will again rely on Laco in the net thats good as well.

10 players from our league is a interesting move and can help the youngs much.

But there also many experiences in the team, Dominik Graňák played already 175 matches with our National Team :bowdown: Tomáš Starosta 140 and Tomáš Surový 118.

The oldest player in the team and also the best scorer is Laco Nagy, the youngest is one of the U20 Bronze medalist team of 2016 Matúš Súkeľ.

I agree on the Hudacek bros...

on the other hand, I understand that it sounds quite an oscenity, but if you look at Slovan's roster (all key players are not from SVK) and at the awful season they're having, it's not so "out of mind" to have left all of your KHL team representatives out of the Olympic roster...

I mean, maybe Viedensky (and being very generous Juraj Mikus) on offense and Andrej Meszaros on defense could still have been taken into consideration, but the others for sure aren't better (or, at least, they're not having a better club season) than those who actually made the team...

unfortunately, I think your NT is one of the most "changed" and "penalized" by the NHL withdrawal (and even more unfortunately, the early 2000s have definitely gone, I guess)...

however, I still hope you can play a good tournament and maybe offer the audience some entertaining hockey and some surprises against the highest rated teams...;)

Edited by phelps

46 minutes ago, phelps said:

I agree on the Hudacek bros...

on the other hand, I understand that it sounds quite an oscenity, but if you look at Slovan's roster (all key players are not from SVK) and at the awful season they're having, it's not so "out of mind" to have left all of your KHL team representatives out of the Olympic roster...

I mean, maybe Viedensky (and being very generous Juraj Mikus) on offense and Andrej Meszaros on defense could still have been taken into consideration, but the others for sure aren't better (or, at least, they're not having a better club season) than those who actually made the team...

unfortunately, I think your NT is one of the most "changed" and "penalized" by the NHL withdrawal (and even more unfortunately, the early 2000s have definitely gone, I guess)...

however, I still hope you can play a good tournament and maybe offer the audience some entertaining hockey and some surprises against the highest rated teams...;)

When Slovan presented the project around the KHL participation and decided to leave our extraliga, there were a lot of spectacular statements from their bosses about how it would help our hockey, how they will open the doors of big hockey and experiences for Slovak young players and that the club would become a showcase of the Slovak National team, so now after Ramsey announced the roster, there quite a lot of jokes in our forums pointing the general policy of Slovan management.

(but also to be honest I think Viedenský and Meszáros should be invited !) especially Viedenský as a decent center, a post we are struggling a lot in our hockey lately.

Right, unfortunately the times when we were part of the super 7 are gone with the 2000 golden generation, now we are completely entered the difficult stage of rejuvenation and generation changes in our NT. What can we do, This is how it is.

But at least the things have moved forward overall in our federation, it´s clearly visible that the general atmosphere calmed down, and peoples finally started to work. We know that the results will not come immediately (or better say regularly) but Craig Ramsey brought some interesting visions and projects to improve our hockey and he is really working hard together with Miro and our "old gold boys" like Országh, Handzuš or Višňovský. so if they showed the courage to make the so needed changes and decided to rebuild the team relying on players from Czech and Slovak leagues, they have all my support and respect.