website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

Just now, intoronto said:

If Russia is banned, how will the last team be decided?

Interesting question...

I don´t think they will be banned...the current "Russia ban" affair will be closed before 2018. but if...I really don´t know, IIHF didn´t announced anything about replacements of qualified teams, but probably it will just be the higher ranked unqualified team from the 2015 ranking, which is the decisive one for this cycle qualifications

:mumble:

FINAL QUALIFICATION ROUND

Tournament 1

:BLR Minsk (BLR) - 01.09.2016 - 04.09.2016 :BLR

DAY 1 Results

Round-Robin

4 Nations, Round-Robin Tournament, 1st Nation will Qualify to the Men´s Ice Hockey Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

:SLO Slovenia  6 - 1  Poland :POL

(Score by Period: 2-0, 3-0, 1-1)

1st September 2016, h. 15:00 (GMT +3), Minsk Arena, Minsk

:DEN Denmark  2 - 5  Belarus :BLR     

(Score by Period: 1-2, 0-0, 1-3)

1st September 2016, h. 19:00 (GMT +3), Minsk Arena, Minsk

Round-Robin Standing After Day 1

RANK NATION GAME WINS W(OT) L(OT) LOSE SCORE POINTS
1 :SLO Slovenia 1 1 0 0 0 6:1 3
2 :BLR Belarus 1 1 0 0 0 5:2 3
3 :DEN Denmark 1 0 0 0 1 2:5 0
4 :POL Poland 1 0 0 0 1 1:6 0

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

what a miss by Kulakov from some 5cm :lol:

and in same time first Austrian goal in the qualifiers marked by one of my favorite spelling practice names Thomas Hundertpfund..the second one is in french team the fabulous Kevin Hecquefeuille try to repeat his name 3 times in a row :d

naaa...that's not so difficult...Thai weighlifters have a lot more complicated names...by far...:evil::rofl:

by the way, wow! what a day 1 of Olympic quali we're having!

I'm happy for Anze and his Slovenia...I hope they can do it...

and, despite the bitter loss, I'm also happy that Italy weren't blown out by the French...

meanwhile I guess that my former girlfriend (who's from Innsbruck, AUT) is not that happy...:whistle:

FINAL QUALIFICATION ROUND

Tournament 2

:LAT Riga (LAT) - 01.09.2016 - 04.09.2016 :LAT

Day 1 Results

Round-Robin

4 Nations, Round-Robin Tournament, 1st Nation will Qualify to the Men´s Ice Hockey Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

:GER Germany  5 - 0  Japan :JPN

(Score by Period: 2-0, 3-0, 0-0)

1st September 2016, h. 15:30 (GMT +3), Arena Riga, Riga

:AUT Austria  1 - 8  Latvia :LAT     

(Score by Period: 1-2, 0-3, 0-3)

1st September 2016, h. 19:30 (GMT +3), Arena Riga, Riga

Round-Robin Standing After Day 1

RANK NATION GAME WINS W(OT) L(OT) LOSE SCORE POINTS
1 :LAT Latvia 1 1 0 0 0 8:1 3
2 :GER Germany 1 1 0 0 0 5:0 3
3 :JPN Japan 1 0 0 0 1 0:5 0
4 :AUT Austria 1 0 0 0 1 1:8 0

1 minute ago, phelps said:

naaa...that's not so difficult...Thai weighlifters have a lot more complicated names...by far...:evil::rofl:

by the way, wow! what a day 1 of Olympic quali we're having!

I'm happy for Anze and his Slovenia...I hope they can do it...

and, despite the bitter loss, I'm also happy that Italy weren't blown out by the French...

meanwhile I guess that my former girlfriend (who's from Innsbruck, AUT) is not that happy...:whistle:

do you mean the winner of Beijing 2008 under 53kg ? :d because thats definitely yes the most. unbeatable :d

oh yes great day, still the NOR vs KAZ to finish. but what a day, Italy play with a totally new team, I am not familiar with at least 60 % of your players playing in Oslo. Great and all my respect for the way Italy choosed to go, despite the importance of the tournament there no so many "naturalized" North Americans with Italian "decents" but you are trying with many young new faces. respect. ofc there still the top leaders in the team as Larkin or Scandella and great Bernard in the goal but many new faces are trully refreshing this new Italy team :yes

Slovenia played very good, a lot of very nice actions and goals. They have a great team, but I still think this BLR group will be opened untill the end.

Austria is a joke really, they don´t deserve to be there, some teams from the previous round like HUN for example deserved more to play this final qualification round than this joke team..