website statistics

Olympic Games Recreations and Other Olympic Themed Events

Olympian1010

37 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Kinball.

Yeah, I’m going need something a bit more mainstream and realistic than that :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Another great weekend of Formula 1 :p

I see someone didn’t appreciate my joke :mad:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...

I’m going to just throw this out here, and see what people’s opinions are...

So obviously there’s no Olympic this summer. There’s most likely very little international sports this summer. Plus, there’s the probably there’ll be many us stuck at home voluntarily or ordered to. So I can (attempt) to offer the following alternatives:

As some of you know, I like to build mock Olympic Parks and Venues in the video game Minecraft. I’ve hours in the game recreating sports, building venues, etc. I would be down to host a virtual form of Olympics (called the Summer Games so the IOC doesn’t chop my head off) with either one of two possibilities -

The first is that I would some of you, or other interested players on to the my servers, and we’d just compete amongst ourselves. 

The second is a little more complex and silly. I’ve been figuring out how to have a “playerless” Summer Games for a while now, and so I’ve come up with ways to have NPCs (non-playable characters) compete in events. I could host the games this way as well, and the NPCs could represent countries with members on Totallympics.

Both of these options would come complete with full “live” streaming, results pages, schedule of events, medal tables, games logo, games mascots, etc. I’ve been looking for ways for myself and @Vojthas to get some commentary practice, and I think this would be a fun way to. 

I welcome everyone’s opinion to this. I will say that I will not bother with any of this unless some interest is shown from the community.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

welcome everyone’s opinion to this. I will say that I will not bother with any of this unless some interest is shown from the community.

It sounds like an interesting project. I have no idea how it works but if you manage to make either option a possibility then I am onboard. I like the idea of the second option :d 

21 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

It sounds like an interesting project. I have no idea how it works but if you manage to make either option a possibility then I am onboard. I like the idea of the second option :d 

I do too. It’s the kind of stupid, crazy, weird fun that seems to well on the internet (a la marble racing). 

And like I said, it gives some community members a chance to try some things they’ve wanted to.

Just further clarify, should I go for option 2, would you prefer the “athletes” represent Totallympics nations, or be divided by colors available in Minecraft (16 teams).

22 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I do too. It’s the kind of stupid, crazy, weird fun that seems to well on the internet (a la marble racing). 

And like I said, it gives some community members a chance to try some things they’ve wanted to.

Just further clarify, should I go for option 2, would you prefer the “athletes” represent Totallympics nations, or be divided by colors available in Minecraft (16 teams).

Probably representing nations would be a bit more fun to watch. 

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

The first is that I would some of you, or other interested players on to the my servers, and we’d just compete amongst ourselves. 

The second is a little more complex and silly. I’ve been figuring out how to have a “playerless” Summer Games for a while now, and so I’ve come up with ways to have NPCs (non-playable characters) compete in events. I could host the games this way as well, and the NPCs could represent countries with members on Totallympics.

Both seem interesting, but I'll need to learn how to play Minecraft first.

5 hours ago, mrv86 said:

Both seem interesting, but I'll need to learn how to play Minecraft first.

You punch the trees to get the wood.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!