website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

It's hard to predict the winner between France and Argentina, especially both teams had pretty bad games during group stage. I just hope both teams will increase their level and we'll see a good match without owngoals, penalties or VAR reviews. Same thing for Portugal vs Uruguay. Russia vs Spain and Croatia vs Denmark looks a bit unbalanced matches (looking of what we've seen so far) but this world cup is tournament of the surprises...Still, I don't think Denmark can eliminate Croatia at this moment.

Acum 6 minute, hckosice a spus:

Images after the goal, the whole ARG team celebrating together, The fans jumping and celebrating together, Diego showing some middle fingers but celebrating with the staff around him in his VIP box...only Sampaoli running around jumping and celebrating alone :p

Only the title can save Sanpaoli in this moment. Any other result will be fatal for him. I expected something else from him at this WC to be honest...

8 minutes ago, vlad said:

Only the title can save Sanpaoli in this moment. Any other result will be fatal for him. I expected something else from him at this WC to be honest...

Well, as I read he can earn some 17 million Euros in case if he´ll be fired, so honestly, who know if he really want so much to be saved. because dear lord, personally, if I had something like this in my contract I´ll do everything to be sacked as early as possible :p

I am very sad for Nigeria, they deserved more, but a world cup without Argentina in the knockout stages would feel weird, although they will be chanceless against France in my opinion. Thoughts about the game:

1) For me it wasn't a penalty

2) In my opinion it should have been a penalty when Rojo played the ball with his hand

3) Why only 4 minutes of extra time? 2 x VAR, a penalty, tons of substitutions, argentinians blatantly taking time off the clock after scoring their second goal ... even 6 minutes probably wouldn't have been enough.

4) Why is a guy like Meza playing (who has been atrocious), while guys like Dybala, Icardi or Aguero barely/don't play?

5) What happened to argentinian defenders? I remember that they had world class defenders like Ayala, Sorin, Veron or Heintze not too long ago.

Must be amazing to be an argentinian fan in St. Petersburg tonight: Dramatic last-minute win to secure the round of last 16 + the white nights in St.Petersburg, i think a lot of argentinian fans won't get any sleep "tonight".

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Very good from Cakir not awarding a second penalty to Nigeria. That was a natural movement and no deliberate handball.

Argentina will be the underdog against France, as they have less quality overall. New situation for them, maybe they can surprise.

Group D

Nigeria - Argentina 1:2 (0:1)   

Goals  49. Moses (11m) 1:1 - 14. Messi 0:1, 86. Rojo 1:2.

Yellow Cards: Balogun, Mikel - Mascherano, Banega, Messi.

Officials: Cakir – Duran, Ongun (all TUR), 64.468 attendance

Nigeria:  Uzoho - Balogun, Troost-Ekong, Omeruo (90. Iwobi) - Moses, Etebo, Mikel, Ndidi, Idowu - Musa (90+2. Simy), Ihenacho (46. Ighalo)

Argentina: Armani - Mercado, Otamendi, Rojo, Tagliafico (80. Agüero) - Perez (61. Pavon), Mascherano, Banega - Messi, Higuain, Di Maria (72. Meza)