website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

I, for one, was hopeful (or delusional) enough to seriously believe Argentina could challenge for the title. The first half of the match was very even, but the second half was a disaster. This could easily have been the new 7x1, and I feel bad for Argentina because I kind of like Messi (he seems very level headed and humble, opposed to CR, the buffoon, and Neymar, the stupid). They can still beat Nigeria, but things are not looking good. 

4 horas atrás, heywoodu disse:

Well that's perfectly logical, since they are two entirely different competitions with entirely different teams and generations playing in them. The Netherlands winning Euro U17 this year doesn't make them favourites to win Euro 2020 for example, it has zero effect on each other :p 

Yes, I know, but sometimes when we discuss about it, it looks like earning Olympic gold is a walk in the park while earning the World Cup title is something next to impossible. Well, Olympic gold is pretty hard to get (Germany as a unified nation has never won it), and I know that the World Cup title is even harder, but we're still talking about two hard titles to earn. On a scale from 1 to 10, it's a level 7 title and the World Cup title is a solid 10, but both are huge achievements, in my opinion.

well - i like rugby but...not in football. Rebic could and imho should be sent-off in 1st half so match would have a different outcome, referee was too soft on Croats but sure the way it went they were much better, congrats. 

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

7 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Yes, I know, but sometimes when we discuss about it, it looks like earning Olympic gold is a walk in the park while earning the World Cup title is something next to impossible. Well, Olympic gold is pretty hard to get (Germany as a unified nation has never won it), and I know that the World Cup title is even harder, but we're still talking about two hard titles to earn. On a scale from 1 to 10, it's a level 7 title and the World Cup title is a solid 10, but both are huge achievements, in my opinion.

Well, I'm not saying winning a world junior title is easy, just saying that it doesn't really make someone a bigger or more successful player than someone who didn't win that prize. 

Like winning the U20 World Cup, it's fun and all and a great achievement, but not exactly something one is remembered for (yet in this case arguably more than for Olympic gold).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

argentina doesnt have quality at back. they should drop messi(who didnt even congratule opponents yesterday) and start all over again from the start.

i dont know if messi sugest who will play with him(like he coments at barca), but i think banega(who destroyed united this year) should play yesterday for example.