Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Henry_Leon

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

I never expect to see this results of Poland, being clearly defeated in both matchs.

I can't!! Our commentator said that argument of this why we lost both matches is choosing Sochi as team base and those different climate conditions than in Moscow and Kazan :roflmao::rofl:

First top seeded team to be eliminated but also a team that never should have been top seeded.

• Like 1

have you seen the flying bugs over the  lawn ?

vor 6 Minuten schrieb konig:

I never expect to see this results of Poland, being clearly defeated in both matchs.

We have to keep in mind how they got that top spot ...

• Like 1

Higuita and Valderrama ah the lovely 80-90s haircuts :d

Poland has a similar problem as us, they have players that are reaching the down curve of their career or other players that didn't have great season + others that were injured a lot lately. Even Lewandowski didn't have such a great season for has standards. 

I think this World cup came one year too late for Poland.

• Like 1

Group H

Poland - Colombia 0:3 (0:1)   

Goals  40. Mina 0:1, 70. Falcao 0:2, 75. Cuadrado 0:3

Yellow Cards:  Bednarek, Goralski.

Officials: Ramos - Torrentera, Hernandez (all MEX), 42.873 attendance

Poland:  Szczesny – Piszczek, Bednarek, Pazdan (81. Glik) – Bereszyňski (72. Teodorczyk), Krychowiak, Goralski, Rybus – Zieliňski, Lewandowski, Kownacki (57. Grosicki)

Colombia:  Ospina – Arias, D. Sanchez, Mina, Mojica – Aguilar (32. Uribe), Barrios – Cuadrado, Quintero (73. Lerma), James Rodriguez – Falcao (78. Bacca)

Plus their best centre back was missing. I'm very sorry for the Poles, they have had a good generation of players, but failure at this World Cup was somehow expected under these circumstances.

27 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Poland has a similar problem as us, they have players that are reaching the down curve of their career or other players that didn't have great season + others that were injured a lot lately. Even Lewandowski didn't have such a great season for has standards. 

I think this World cup came one year too late for Poland.

Piszczek and Blaszczykowski should go after this World Cup. They're simply too old to make a difference at this stage anymore. Milik has returned from his second ACL injury and was out of form this season. Kownacki and Bereszynski aren't the difference makers yet but they should replace Piszczek and Blaszczykowski for years to come. And above all else, we're too reliant on Lewandowski. It works against teams like Romania and Armenia but not at this level.

vor 20 Stunden schrieb MHSN:

No :d Mexico will advance by virtue of beating Germany in head to head match

Edit. I might be wrong here. that's the way in sports like basketball. not sure if that applies for FIFA rules or not.

well based on the wording in the rulebook I think they have to decide via fair play points between Mexico and Germany in this example. But I guess that scenario is not very realistic anywax:d.  I don't think Sweden can beat Mexico and Germany will most probably win with bigger margin than 2 goals.