website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

10 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Now it should be obvious to everyone that having this tournament during ramadan is completely unfair, african players clearly don't have enough stamina. They are punished for being religious.

Its 21 century, so if you want to be religious or tend to become a saint, go to monastery, mosque or budha bar

So the whole world should plan WC according to Ramadan? :)

Good one ;p - it`s their choice what to do, they are free to decide, all religions have their obligations, doing it with common sense is crucial i think. So what about WC in December? :)

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

25 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

So the whole world should plan WC according to Ramadan? :)

Good one ;p - it`s their choice what to do, they are free to decide, all religions have their obligations, doing it with common sense is crucial i think. So what about WC in December? :)

In December I want to celebrate Christmas which means eating a lot, so that's not fair to have the World Cup at that time :p 

Spoiler

Before anyone gets all cranky: just kidding

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

The fact that many big teams are missing clearly hurts the quality. I guess there are two ways of looking at it:

1) Teams like Iceland get such good results, because they play great

2) Teams like Argentina get such bad results, becaue they play bad

For me it's 2) and in my opinion the reason is that players from big leagues are just overplayed, they clearly don't look fully fit.

For some people it's most important to have close games, but for me the quality of the match is more important and i don't see how anyone could believe that the overall quality has been great so far, looking at the amounts of goals scored by penalty/freekick/corners.

That's a rather simplistic way of looking at it.

End of the World Cup for Tunisian goalie Mouez Hassen, after only 16 minutes of play (which is when he got injured against England) :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!