website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

I was thinking which AFC teams has a chance to advance, the last world cup was disastrous (unlike 2010) and I hope this time at least one of them makes it to the next round.

being in pot 3 we were supposed to get the easier group but nah we got the a tough one , I'm sure we will play good and Spain and Portugal won't have it easy against Iran but after all they will find a way to score :d I really don't think there is a chance for Iran to advance.

Saudis got the easiest group but they suck and I hate them, so no chance :d kidding aside, they are not just good enough, they don't have a fighting mentality to challenge better teams,

Australia's group is no easy but they usually play better against non-AFC teams. they are not the favorite here but they have a chance

no realistic chance for South Korea

Japan has the best chance to advance among the Asian teams. Group H is very balanced , even though Japan is still the weakest team in that group .

bottom line, realistically all 5 AFC teams probably will get eliminated in the 1st round but I think Japan and Australia have some chances if they play at their best.

1 minute ago, crovitlaci said:

In 1998 you were drawn with us :d

I remember, you let us to defeat you 1-0......and we have to beat England, Netherlands wins in quaterfinals.......your country, for the contrary, was third, dont having important teams like our rivals, at least before semifinals.

Just now, konig said:

Uruguay is a good team, i dont believe they can pass the quaterfinals but good team at all.

This Russia is one of the weakest host i can remember.

Egypt, like all the countrys of north Africa, dont pass the first round (at least i dont remember any case)

Saudi Arabia is probably one of the weakest team of the cup.

Algeria passed group stage in 2014 and lost in ET vs Germany just like Argentina

Morocco was on top of their group in 1986 ahead of England Portugal and Poland.

Egypt drew vs Holland when they were Euro Champions in WC 1990 and Beat Italy in Confederation cup 2009. You cant judge our results because we didnt play much in world cup just 2 appearances

3 minutes ago, Ahmed said:

Algeria passed group stage in 2014 and lost in ET vs Germany just like Argentina

Morocco was on top of their group in 1986 ahead of England Portugal and Poland.

Egypt drew vs Holland when they were Euro Champions in WC 1990 and Beat Italy in Confederation cup 2009. You cant judge our results because we didnt play much in world cup just 2 appearances

Is one thing i never understood: why in the Africans championships or road the world cup, the north africans teams are good and even win title but in world cup.......in the most part of the cases dont show nothing important, all the contrary the subsharians countrys: Camerun in 1990, Nigeria in 1994 and 1998, Senegal in 2002...etc, is nothing against Egypt, like you say, your country dont have too much participation in world cups, may be can be the surprise, i think Uruguay will be the first but who knows, Egypt can be a surprise in this world cups.

4 minutes ago, konig said:

I remember, you let us to defeat you 1-0......and we have to beat England, Netherlands wins in quaterfinals.......your country, for the contrary, was third, dont having important teams like our rivals, at least before semifinals.

Well, we did play vs Germany (European champions in 1996) in quarter-finals.. 

2 minutes ago, crovitlaci said:

Well, we did play vs Germany (European champions in 1996) in quarter-finals.. 

Yes, i know and make a big surprise with that result but that Germany wasnt too good team, i only remember some players like Bierhoff, i was watching that match in a supermarket and all the people were very surprise to watch Germany losing that time :bowdown: