website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

1 hour ago, thepharoah said:

Who won in your dream ?

France after extra time :lol:

But earlier in the match Belgium was leading 6-3. After 90 minutes it was 6-6 and then there was only one goal during ET that made France win :lol:

il y a 56 minutes, Bohemia a déclaré:

France after extra time :lol:

But earlier in the match Belgium was leading 6-3. After 90 minutes it was 6-6 and then there was only one goal during ET that made France win :lol:

Sounds legit. I've put my monthly salary on it. Thanks for the tip.

@MHSN One of the main Dutch referees has said he would put his money on Faghani :IRI to be chosen as referee for the final :p

Would be the first ever Asian :)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

16 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

@MHSN One of the main Dutch referees has said he would put his money on Faghani :IRI to be chosen as referee for the final :p

Would be the first ever Asian :)

well yeah Iranian media talk about it everyday specially when Cakir is assigned for one of the semifinals. but I'm not sure yet. that would be nice to have some Iranians in the final. since Iran will never play in a World Cup final. :d

btw he is not a nobody, he was in Olympic final. AFC Asian Cup final. AFC champions league final and FIFA World Club Cup final. almost every possible final for an Asian referee. and he didn't have to use VAR so far so I guess that won't be a wrong decision but still who knows

10 minutes ago, MHSN said:

well yeah Iranian media talk about it everyday specially when Cakir is assigned for one of the semifinals. but I'm not sure yet. that would be nice to have some Iranians in the final. since Iran will never play in a World Cup final. :d

btw he is not a nobody, he was in Olympic final. AFC Asian Cup final. AFC champions league final and FIFA World Club Cup final. almost every possible final for an Asian referee. and he didn't have to use VAR so far so I guess that won't be a wrong decision but still who knows

He sounds like the Asian version of Björn Kuipers then, including the Dutch media talking a lot about his chances :p (and having had basically all European finals)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I just don't see an European referee in the final here. The last two Wc finals were given to UEFA refs already and now we have nothing but UEFA teams in the semis and the tournament itself is held in Europe. Just too much Europe involved. Btw, the last time an UEFA referee was given the WC final on European soil was 1974.

Faghani seems like the safest bet for the final. It would have probably been Irmatov before but he had a disappointing performance in the group stage and was send home early.

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Btw, the last time an UEFA referee was given the WC final on European soil was 1974.

And since then, only 4 World Cups have been held in Europe, so that is a sample that says nothing :p (not saying I expect a European in the final)

Edited by heywoodu

Just now, heywoodu said:

And since then, only 4 World Cups have been held in Europe, so that is a sample that says nothing :p (not saying I expect a European in the final)

Outside of 1986 all non-UEFA based World Cup finals were given to UEFA refs though. I mean you can see the pattern when you ditch the sample and look at the big picture.