website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

First time ever that more than 2 games in the round of last 16 were decided by penalty shootout?

Crazy to think that in 2014 5 out of 8 games went into extra time ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb intoronto:

Stamina because of ___ guess what I am thinking? 

How should we know that? You gotta give at least some clue.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Round of 16

Colombia - England 1:1 After Extra Time (1:1, 0:0), 3:4 After Penalties   

Goals: 90.+3 Mina 1:1 - 57. Kane (11m) 0:1

Penalties Shootout:

Falcao 1:0, Cuadrado 2:1, Muriel 3:2, Uribe Missed 3:2, Bacca Missed 3:3 - Kane 1:1, Rashford 2:2, Henderson Missed 3:2, Trippier 3:3, Dier 3:4

Yellow Cards:  Barrios, Arias, C. Sanchez, Falcao, Bacca, Cuadrado - Henderson, Lingard.

Officials:  Geiger (USA) - Fletcher (CAN), Anderson (USA), 44.190 attendance

Colombia:  Ospina - Arias (116. Zapata), Mina, D. Sanchez, Mojica - Barrios, C. Sanchez (79. Uribe), Lerma (61. Bacca) - Cuadrado, Quintero (88. Muriel) - Falcao

England: Pickford - Walker (113. Rashford), Stones, Maguire - Trippier, Alli (81. Dier), Henderson, Lingard, Young (102. Rose) - Sterling (88. Vardy), Kane

Good results, I'm happy for Sweden. Despite not playing what people would consider the most attractive football, they are a team. I like them going far without Ibrahimovic even more. Maybe we will see much better Argentinian and Portuguese teams once Messi and Ronaldo retire. 

Also we shouldn't forget Sweden has been among the best 4 four times and three times they have won an Olympic medal so they somewhat are a football nation. Portugal for example only managed the semifinals twice before and no Olympic medal.

And of course perfect result by England by winning the PSO. With that curse broken I guess the level of black magic is not as strong here as one would have thought. :d

87,5% for me personally after R16, if only Spain won.

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

3 horas atrás, Quasit disse:

Good results, I'm happy for Sweden. Despite not playing what people would consider the most attractive football, they are a team. I like them going far without Ibrahimovic even more. Maybe we will see much better Argentinian and Portuguese teams once Messi and Ronaldo retire. 

Also we shouldn't forget Sweden has been among the best 4 four times and three times they have won an Olympic medal so they somewhat are a football nation. Portugal for example only managed the semifinals twice before and no Olympic medal.

1) The problem with Argentina, in my opinion, is not Messi. He's a great player and he has proven his worth time and time again, although he's a bit unlucky in World Cups. Argentina needs a better coach and better tactics. Messi could very well be the only person preventing the team from completely falling apart outside of the field. I see Portugal, on the other hand, totally dependent on Ronaldo, pretty much like Brazil depended on Neymar in 2014.

2) This is simplistic and even a little bit naive. It's pretty much like saying England is not a football nation because players have not achieved anything relevant in over 50 years. This makes no sense when you consider attendance, national clubs and leagues, the attention football gets from local media in Portugal etc.

Brazil is the only team among 8 who can offend and defend very well at the same time , Beligium has a serious harmful offence with many options available for the coach but they have a real bad defence i think Naingolan would have been very useful on medfield especially cuz de Bruyne always go on to support offence and he let much space behind him , i don't see a team in the other half that can win WC , but as long as u reach the final u have all chances to win