website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

26 minutes ago, Fabinter said:

Well, I don't have the time to carefully check but I remember some of your sarcastic opinions (against Schwazer, for instance, who is a close friend of mine); I'm really not sure that, within a discussion group, you must not prove your opinion, above all if it's against somebody; really not sure at all (maybe within a tiny group of close friends but not here). 

It's an online sports forum, not a scientific research group. Relax.

And yes, I'm generally rather sarcastic when it comes to people caught doping. Italian, Dutch, Kryptonian, whatever.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

more than 2500 goals scored in all editions 

2,500 - Ben youssef(TUN) in 2018

2,000 - Gerrard (ENG) in 2006

1,500 - Claudio Caniggia (ARG) in 1994

1,000 - Rob Rensenbrink (NED) in 1978

500 - Bobby Collins (SCO) in 1958

1 - Lucien Laurent (FRA) in 1930

4 hours ago, amen09 said:

1,000 - Rob Rensenbrink (NED) in 1978

Should have saved that one for the final instead of hitting the goalpost when the game was tied with a matter of seconds to play...

Spoiler

If only he made that goal, the Netherlands would have won this MMA match, but I get all the non-stop provocations during and before the match made him lose his cool :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Decent bit of sore losership, but alright, it's not bad to have several VAR examples about which there is discussion. Obviously nothing will or should actually happen with the protest, but it's good to take these mentioned moments into the evaluation of the VAR at the end of the tournament.

26 minutes ago, Agger said:

American statistics site fivethirtyeight has done a bit of timing the stoppages of the games. Only one had too much stoppage time according to them: Germany - Sweden

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/world-cup-stoppage-time-is-wildly-inaccurate/

So as expected, referees add way too few minutes of extra time in basically every match. Once again: it's time for a normal game clock, which is stopped during the preparations for throw-ins, free kicks, penalties, during referee decisions like giving a card, during substitutes, and so on.