website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

i also think that it wasn`t Ronaldo`s intention + it didn`t look like penalty for Iran (this first non-var one). For me VAR is quite fair and not in favor of bigger teams

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

vor 2 Stunden schrieb LDOG:

None of those given penalties were correct and Ronaldo didn't deserve a red, he was just trying to gain position and get to the ball, not to hit the opponent player.

I think both penalties were correct. And Ronaldo was frustrated in this Scene and wanted to hit the player. Anyway I think the yellow card was a joke. Either you give a red card to Ronaldo or a free kick for Portugal. 

Acum 10 ore, ledon a spus:

I guess 4 points in this group is a great result for Iran. After all I am happy with the performance of our guys here and I am sure I will feel better tomorrow. Having said that I think we missed a big opportunity to get in the next round. Portugal wasn't unbeatable today. We should have played much more offensive from the beginning. Unfortunately our players are always very nervous when they play against big teams. Despite that I think referee was weak. Ronaldo deserved a red card and we should have had at least 12 minutes extra time. 

That chance in 90+5 minute.....:facepalm:

I don't think Ronaldo's foul was a red card. On the camera perspective they showed most it looked worse than on the others. Still if the referee had immediately shown him a red card I would have said it's a reasonable decision. A hard one but reasonable. What shocked me is that the VAR said it was red as by no means this was a 100% clear decision and that's what VAR is for. To stick with Portugal, Pepe gets Diego Costas elbow in his face and VAR says it wasn't even a clear foul and then this foul which was worse but not by a lot is a clear red card? I know the on field referee didn't agree as well but the fact that he even got the call by the VAR means the VAR would have given Ronaldo red.