website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

9 minutes ago, ledon said:

I guess 4 points in this group is a great result for Iran. After all I am happy with the performance of our guys here and I am sure I will feel better tomorrow. Having said that I think we missed a big opportunity to get in the next round. Portugal wasn't unbeatable today. We should have played much more offensive from the beginning. Unfortunately our players are always very nervous when they play against big teams. Despite that I think referee was weak. Ronaldo deserved a red card and we should have had at least 12 minutes extra time. 

The Iranians must be proud of this team, i remember your strong defense of the last World Cup, this is the way for the iranian football.

Edited by konig

vor 6 Minuten schrieb konig:

The Iranians must be proud of this team, i remember your strong defense of the last World Cup, this is the way for the iranian football.

well to be honest this is the way we play since Carlos Queiroz is our coach. Of course I am proud of this team. I mean our best players are in the russian or greek league and they are competing against players that play in top european leagues. But in this match we needed a victory and should have created more chances. Of course this is more risky, but at this point we had to take a risk to get 3 points.

2 hours ago, konig said:

No, they didn't score only 2 gift the Moroccan one and this penalty 

the goalkeeper is their best player 

Not a good match from Portugal; but I think that’s basically all our matches, so it’s good that we got through to the next phase :d

not sure about the last penalty that gave the draw to Iran, but oh well, now it’s Uruguay so doesn’t matter anymore haha, 

33 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

Not a good match from Portugal; but I think that’s basically all our matches, so it’s good that we got through to the next phase :d

not sure about the last penalty that gave the draw to Iran, but oh well, now it’s Uruguay so doesn’t matter anymore haha, 

Congrats for the qualification but seriously out of all those accidents "all of them called against Iran" you picked this one to complain about ? Ronaldo's penalty was 50/50 at best. and there were 2-3 accidents in your box beside that penalty. 1 or 2 them were very suspicious. and above all so many people believe your Ronaldo should get a red card which would end his World Cup. cuz such red cards usually mean 2-3 matches ban. you are very lucky to have him in the next round.

and that was a handball. that's the rule. if you raise your hand and touch the ball that's a foul. that was a cheap penalty I know but that's the rule.

btw good luck for the rest of the tournament. people like Portugal here because of Queiroz.

1 hora atrás, MHSN disse:

Congrats for the qualification but seriously out of all those accidents "all of them called against Iran" you picked this one to complain about ? Ronaldo's penalty was 50/50 at best. and there were 2-3 accidents in your box beside that penalty. 1 or 2 them were very suspicious. and above all so many people believe your Ronaldo should get a red card which would end his World Cup. cuz such red cards usually mean 2-3 matches ban. you are very lucky to have him in the next round.

and that was a handball. that's the rule. if you raise your hand and touch the ball that's a foul. that was a cheap penalty I know but that's the rule.

btw good luck for the rest of the tournament. people like Portugal here because of Queiroz.

Yeah I have some similar and some different opinions about some of those incidents, but i guess that’s normal in football :d

But oh well, match is over, so now it’s Uruguay and pray to have the same luck we have been having until now haha

None of those given penalties were correct and Ronaldo didn't deserve a red, he was just trying to gain position and get to the ball, not to hit the opponent player.

Edited by LDOG

I actually think the highlight of the day for me was Saudi Arabia beating Egypt. I expected Saudi Arabia to be the worst team in the tournament, so seeing them snatch a win was quite nice.

Seeing Russia crash land back to Earth was less nice.

Group B was way more entertaining than it had any right to be. Iran and Morocco certainly did well, I actually think Morocco played better than Spain today.

I don’t think our winner is coming from either one of these groups.

2 horas atrás, MHSN disse:

Fun fact: in Portugal is a bit the opposite, people dont like Queiroz, not for coaching other teams, but because he was kind of really bad while coaching our national team, and then he caused some problems when it was his time to go (our Euro qualification for 2012 was going horrible and he still would refuse to leave, luckily he was replaced by a guy who later took us to semi finals).

Also because he was aaaaaaaaalwayyyys complaining about the referees with big conspiratorial theories. And don't get me wrong, Portuguese love to use the "referee excuses", but it was just too much :lol: