website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

vor 48 Minuten schrieb Quasit:

Just their luck as usual.

Always luck = ability. Don't worry, the way Germany is playing, you will be rid of them after at most 2 more games.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I am very disappointed in you! I thought we were friends by now. I always supported you in this thread and now this, thanks for nothing!

LOL I support GER since the begining , but they played like amateurs  and  missed much goals 

no one assured the 2 nd round in this group , the next match vs Korea should be easy :fingers:

vor 49 Minuten schrieb bestmen:

i predicted 2-0 

anyway SWE will beat MEX , nothing is clear for now 

Just imagine Sweden beating Mexico 1:0, then it would be (if Germany wins against South Korea):

Sweden 6 points, 2:2 goals (against Mexico and Germany)

Germany 6 points, 2:2 goals (against Mexico and Sweden

Mexico 6 points, 1:1 goals against (Mexico and Germany)

I think if there is a tie concerning points, then the team with the best goal difference out of all games will advance, so if Germany beats South Korea by 2 or more goals, then either Sweden or Mexico will be out. Mexico will try to avoid Brazil any way, so i don't see any chance that they will not at least get a draw. In my opinion Sweden is out if Germany wins against South Korea.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Swewi:

Swedish win vs Mexico= playoffs no matter what.

btw do you think 5 minutes extra time was correct??

Just imagine both Sweden and Germany winning their last game 2:1, then it would be:

Mexico 6 points, goal difference of 4:3

Sweden 6 points, goal difference of 4:3

Germany 6 points, goal difference 4:3

3-way-tie:

Sweden 3 points, 3:3 goals

Germany 3 points, 2:2 goals

Mexico 3 points, 2:2 goals

Then Sweden would be first and the 2nd place would be determined by drawing of lots. :yikes:

I think the extra time wasn't correct, it should have been more than 5 minutes, as Sweden started with their time wasting even in the first half.

Edited by OlympicsFan

49 minutes ago, ledon said:

No second place would be determined by fair play points (for example number of yellow cards).

No :d Mexico will advance by virtue of beating Germany in head to head match

Edit. I might be wrong here. that's the way in sports like basketball. not sure if that applies for FIFA rules or not.

Edited by MHSN