website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

People need to lay off on VAR. It's the new punchbag for any team that loses a game. Fans blamed refs before now they blame refs AND VAR.

Our commentators said that Mitrovic's playing style was his undoing and I agree. He looked for so many cheap folus that when he actually got fouled, ref had none of it. That's a classic crying wolf scenario here.

3 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

People need to lay off on VAR. It's the new punchbag for any team that loses a game. Fans blamed refs before now they blame refs AND VAR.

Our commentators said that Mitrovic's playing style was his undoing and I agree. He looked for so many cheap folus that when he actually got fouled, ref had none of it. That's a classic crying wolf scenario here.

Crying wolf scenario or not, Neymaring his way through the game or not, that moment where two Swiss players pulled him down as if their lives depended on it was a very clear penalty and that's exactly the kind of thing VAR should take care of. 

Yet another reason why, in my opinion, using the VAR should be partially in the hands of the teams. As in, give both teams 1-2 uses of the VAR per match/half, which they get to keep if they are right and they lose if they're wrong. Much like in hockey.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Well it's useless - especially compared to the hawk-eye and challenge systems in tennis and volleyball :shrug:

vor 57 Minuten schrieb NikolaB:

First of all we were desperate tonight, we show nothing and we well deserve this lost. So congratulation to Swiss fans and Swiss team on well deserved win.

Refree was awful, I really don't know what is the point of VAR system when refrees still made catastrofical mistakes? 

And about some Swiss players, I am proud we don't have such players in our team. Even we never qualify for any big competition

It's better to have such fans or what? Shaqiri and Xhaka celebrated the way they did, because they were booed by serbian fans for having an albanian background. I am not surprised you didn't mention that, it perfectly fits the way you have commented in the past about things like that. Many serbian users on here have given some very "weird" comments about things like that in the past, but only if it concerns Albania/Kosovo. If it concerns Russia or Serbia, then everything is fine. I don't know if the serbian people on here represent the view of the majority of serbian people, but that certainly would be very sad.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

49 minutes ago, Майкл said:

1) Our guys were slow and useless for most of the time

2) Refree made tons of mistakes, hopefully this will be his only match in this WCh

3) Those celebrations were tasteless and quite redundant

4) VAR system is, excuse my language, pure shit!

5) Swiss team deserved to win, they sucked less.

Please name those mistakes. Brych is one of the best referees in the world and Urs Meier (i know he is swiss, so he clearly doesn't know what he is talking about ...) said that Brych did a very good job.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

12 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Please name those mistakes. Brych is one of the best referees in the world and Urs Meier (i know he is swiss, so he clearly doesn't know what he is talking about ...) said that Brych did a very good job.

1) Yellow card for SMS :dunno: It was a dumb foul for sure, but it was just the beginning of the match and not yellow card worthy

2) Many of those attacking fouls were not attacking fouls at all (I felt like I was watching a handball match at times)

3) He should've at least consulted the VAR system about that suspicious moment when Mitrovic allegedly made an attacking foul, while having two Swiss players on hus back

4) Kostic didn't touch the ball last and it was out for Serbia

Refreeing is, of course, subjective and most decisions are debatable, because, at the end of the day, refs are human beings as well and they do make some mistakes. Thankfully his questionable decisions didn't make a major impact on the result!