website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

Mexico Final Squad

Goalkeepers: José de Jesús Corona (Cruz Azul), Alfredo Talavera (Toluca), Guillermo Ochoa (Standar Liege/BEL)

Defenders: Hugo Ayala (Tigres UANL), Carlos Salcedo (Eintracht Frankfurt/GER), Diego Reyes (FC Porto/POR), Miguel Layún (Sevilla/ESP), Héctor Moreno (Real Sociedad/ESP), Édson Álvarez (América), Jesús Gallardo (Monterrey)

Midfielders: Rafael Márquez (Atlas), Jonathan Dos Santos (LA Galaxy/USA), Marco Fabián (Eintracht Frankfurt/GER), Héctor Herrera (FC Porto/POR), Andrés Guardado (Real Betis/ESP), Javier Aquino (Tigres UANL)

Forwards: Raúl Jiménez (Benfica/POR), Giovani Dos Santos (LA Galaxy/USA), Carlos Vela (Los Angeles FC/USA), Javier Hernández (West Ham United/ENG), Jesús Manuel Corona (FC Porto/POR), Oribe Peralta (América), Hirving Lozano (PSV Eindhoven/NED)

vor 3 Stunden schrieb thepharoah:

Salah is named in Egypt final Squad and no Sane in Germany !! 

Of course that's surprising, i think he would have been a better fit than Brandt, but Sane has always been shit for the national team, he wouldn't have really helped anyway. Personally i think that Gnabry would have done the best job out of those three, but sadly he's injured.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

14 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Of course that's surprising, i think he would have been a better fit than Brandt, but Sane has always been shit for the national team, he wouldn't have really helped anyway. Personally i think that Gnabry would have done the best job out of those three, but sadly he's injured.

1st of all Sane played few games with Germany he's still young and It's the WC and every player does his best especially if it's his 1st one , i really can't understand how kind of player like him with great speed and ability to dribble , also good scorer can be out of WC and a player like Reus who get injured every 2 matches was taken , for me Sane is much better choice than brandt and i thought he'd be the best player in German team at the WC 

Edited by thepharoah

Egypt Final Squad

Goalkeepers: Essam el Hadary (El Taawon/KSA), Mohamed el Shenawy(Al Ahly), Sherif Ekramy (Al Ahly)

Defenders: Ahmed Hegazi (West Bromwich/ENG), Ali Gabr(West Bromwich/ENG), Saad Samir (Al Ahly), Mahmoud Hamdy(Zamalek), Ahmed Fathy (Al Ahly), Ahmed el Mohamady (Aston Villa/ENG), Omar Gaber (Los Angeles FC/USA), Mohamed Abdelshafy (Al Fath/KSA), Ayman Ashraf (Al Ahly)

Midfielders: Mohamed Elnenny (Arsenal/ENG), Tarek Hamed (Zamalek), Sam Morsy(Wigan/ENG), Mahmoud Abdelrazek Shikabala (Al Raed/KSA), Abdalla el Saied  (Al Ahly-Saudi FC/KSA), Mahmoud HassanTreziguet (Kasimpasa/TUR), Ramadan Sobhy (Stoke City/ENG), Amr Warda (Atromitos/GRE)

Forwards: Mohamed Salah (Liverpool/ENG), Mahmoud Kahraba ( Al Ittihad/KSA), Marawan Mohsen (Al Ahly)

Edited by thepharoah

Very pleasant and dynamic performance from Morocco tonight against SVK, our players were absolutely not in this match during the whole game, probably thinking already about the holidays, since this was the last match for all of them this season, hardly otherwise to explain the total and lamentable zero focusing, not existing determination and absolutely any interest for the game from our guys. I doubt if anyone in the white jerseys was running at even 50% :d but still fully deserved win for the Lions of Atlas

Herve Renard is one great coach, he´s system is really well working with the Africa players.

Morocco - Slovakia  2-1  Highlights

vor 3 Stunden schrieb thepharoah:

1st of all Sane played few games with Germany he's still young and It's the WC and every player does his best especially if it's his 1st one , i really can't understand how kind of player like him with great speed and ability to dribble , also good scorer can be out of WC and a player like Reus who get injured every 2 matches was taken , for me Sane is much better choice than brandt and i thought he'd be the best player in German team at the WC 

It's ok, most german fans understand this decision, while most non-german fans who only kow him from premier league can't understand it. It helps if you actually watched his matches in the national team, it's not that he wasn't good, he was just shockingly bad every single time he played. In 12 matches for the national team he didn't score a single goal and only had 1 assist (against Azerbaijan), there is no way he would have helped this team at the world cup. Brandt also won't do much, but at least he will stay quiet. Sane would have only been a back-up, so don't know why anyone would have thought that he would be the best german player at the world cup ... The front 4 will be Müller, Özil, Reus and Werner. If Reus is injured, he will be replaced by Draxler. Germany has enough speed with Werner and Reus, much more than this team had 2 or 4 years ago. Reus has been world-class whenever he played, now he seems to be fit, so clearly no reason to select Sane over him. Sane is a one-dimensional player, who never scores in the national team and loses the ball all the time, he would have given this team absolutely nothing. I would have clearly preferred Gnabry, who has been sensational this season. At the moment i would even prefer Havertz over Sane in the national team.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.