website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

5 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Well.. and we go. Italian political scenario isn't very easy from years.. the Italian National Football Team is the only factor that can unifying the Italy, without difference..

I usually go to see the main match in a square.. it's the only time where i see communist and neo-fascist stay together, a polician and a worker speak about the same goal, it's the only time where on all italian bulding, from Aosta to Siracusa, you can see the Italian flag.

Today it's a sad day..

The same thing happen in Argentina, we inherit your idiosyncrasy in many ways.

Its a sad day for Italy, without doubt, but you will rebuild your great football soon with some modifications, its very important in one way.......but in another, is just and sport.

6 hours ago, bestmen said:

We also failed in africa  while we have many stars This WC is spécial ...why dont we organisé our own évent  of loosers with ITA ,USA,NED,Ghana..... .w'll call it paraWC :p

Good idea! And we'll also invite some B-nations like Senegal, Panama, Peru, Honduras and so on. You know, all the small nations who no way qualify for the WC while ITA, USA, NED, Chile etc miss out :evil:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I`m not sorry - why should i be - 2 nations, better has won.

But...Sweden didn`t play particulary well, Italy played really badly. In fact i thought Albania can take them out in the group. Is it sad? Why? Because it`s Italy? One team is out one is in - it seemed like no internal chemistry in this team and no 1 "leader".

I think Italian press overdoes it - this is sport, Spain and Sweden were tough, everyone sometimes loses. National tragedy? Oh c`mon - so what we should do because of boxing? Commit nationalwide suicide?;p

You will win many times in future Italy...just not this time. Congrats Sweden the same as Croatia and Switzerland

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

12 hours ago, Henry_Leon said:

:pope: It's a very bad day for Italian football, this result was unexpected ( the playoff was expected after the WCQ draw, more than two years ago)

This failure will cost so much at the Italian football, and will need many years for back on top  (or at an acceptable level...)

:ITA NT results (after WC 2006 won)

• Last two World Cup out at first stage ( :facepalm:) ,
  • little bit betterresults at last two EURO ( QF and Runner-up);
  • failed last two Olympics qualifying
  • Euro U21 : Runner-Up 2013 and  two SF (in 7 editions 2006/2017)

Titles won:  ZERO!!!!

Change the coach, obviously we will have, doesn't solve our troubles, we would need many change also in the federation and in our league "serie A"  (full of low-level foreign players, with our young players on the bench or in low categories) , but maybe only the first option will happen.......

So main problem is with federation? Very similar situation with us...

I have no desire to reply to certain users (I remind you that some of this people who wrote a couple of posts above pretending to be objective are the same who kept replying me with dozens of messages about the "cowardice of the Italian army" when talking about volleyball :lol:) so here's two answers to the nonsense I'm reading here:

- Italy NT played quite different styles of football, even in the last 20 years. It's quite impossible to dislike ALL of them;

- football has a big part in the Italian society and also economy, much more than Sweden for example...that's why this is considered a "drama" and not just sports (every other sport is "just a sport"...Hell, even I have to admit that objectively it would be better to be out of the next few Olympics rather than missing a football WC).Here's some data from 2016

Spoiler

http://formiche.net/2016/12/19/peso-calcio-economia-italiana/

22 billion € of generated income and 9 billion of taxes per year, 250 000 jobs depend directly or indirectly on football

...what happened yesterday will cause a loss of hundreds of millions and it's not a joke

3 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

I have no desire to reply to certain users (I remind you that some of this people who wrote a couple of posts above pretending to be objective are the same who kept replying me with dozens of messages about the "cowardice of the Italian army" when talking about volleyball :lol:) so here's two answers to the nonsense I'm reading here:

- Italy NT played quite different styles of football, even in the last 20 years. It's quite impossible to dislike ALL of them;

- football has a big part in the Italian society and also economy, much more than Sweden for example...that's why this is considered a "drama" and not just sports (every other sport is "just a sport"...Hell, even I have to admit that objectively it would be better to be out of the next few Olympics rather than missing a football WC).Here's some data from 2016

Hide contents

http://formiche.net/2016/12/19/peso-calcio-economia-italiana/

22 billion € of generated income and 9 billion of taxes per year, 250 000 jobs depend directly or indirectly on football

...what happened yesterday will cause a loss of hundreds of millions and it's not a joke

In my case i said from a personal perspective, not economical, i understand well the drama because in Argentina is the same, in this ocations for me, the better thing to do is de-dramatize......there isnt any other thing to do.