website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

8 hours ago, kungshamra71 said:

oh well, now i’ll just have to convince my dutch colleagues to support Portugal on the World Cup :p

Yeah.....no, that's not gonna happen, trust me :d 

We'd rather support the Germans than the Portuguese after the last 13 years :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

While I was watching the South American qualifiers, the CONCACAF one's went from USA play-offs, Honduras out, Panama in, to Honduras in, USA out, Panama play-offs etc, and when I woke up, it was USA out, Honduras play-offs and Panama in, awesome :yikes:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

What is the doubt about Panama's goal here? I mean, apart from the commentator having a major orgasm, I don't really see/hear anything that would make it doubtful? He gets the ball and he scores, that's not unheard of in football :d 

Some Panamanian edited Roman Torres' Wiki page :d (the guy who made the 2-1)

5cfbe1602b.jpg

Oh wait, the discussion is about Panama's first goal. Yeah, that may seem about right :p 

34 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Oh wait, the discussion is about Panama's first goal. Yeah, that may seem about right :p

Indeed. Stuff like that gets ignored in football, but I'd take it with a pinch of salt since we are talking about someone as "irrelevant" as Panama...

#banbestmen

8 minutes ago, dcro said:

Indeed. Stuff like that gets ignored in football, but I'd take it with a pinch of salt since we are talking about someone as "irrelevant" as Panama...

Oh well, I doubt it but who knows it could be another sort of wake-up call to show that football is arguably the worst sport in the world in terms of 'going with the times'. It's of course inexcusable that stuff like video-referees and goal-line technology aren't 100% adopted in every major competition yet (not to even speak of simply stopping the clock, so those thousands of players who are suddenly nearly dying of pain when someone looks at them wrong and their team is leading won't actually 'win' free time anymore). 

Football can barely be taken seriously because of these simple things they just seem to refuse to adopt on a large scale.

Edited by heywoodu

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

:lol:

Excuse me, but did he just score a goal? My Spanish isn't good so I couldn't hear it :p 

This is why I most likely won't move to South America, it's impossible to watch sports without commentators like this I think :d (I mean, dude, tell me who made the goal, what it means etc, you know, be a commentator :lol:)