website statistics

Non-Olympic Countries and Territories Thread

6 hours ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

We can take Vatican City :VAT off the “Unaffiliated” list as they’ve just confirmed their first participation in this year’s Games of the Small States of Europe :) 

Wow! What about the Faroe Islands? They are part of the European Games, but not parte of the GSSE yet.

37 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Wow! What about the Faroe Islands? They are part of the European Games, but not parte of the GSSE yet.

I think that’s still a grey area...I think we might see them as well in 2021 or 2023. It is a highly complicated situation for both though. However, the Holy See is in a much better position.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 5 months later...

:SPM Saint Pierre and Miquelon/:BLM Saint Barthelemy have applied to CONCACAF and should be joining in September 2020. 

https://la1ere.francetvinfo.fr/saintpierremiquelon/grands-projets-venir-football-saint-pierre-miquelon-762795.html

https://www.facebook.com/CTFSBH/photos/a.172438856753746/401786647152298/?type=3&theater

I can't see any of the other territories doing anything anytime soon, lol

• 1 month later...

Time for a new NOC! :clap:

If it were up to me, :VAT should just give citizenship to refugee athletes and allow them to compete for them. Of course they’re are a few members of the Vatican who are athletes too, so just a suggestion. I glad the Holy See will finally have a Team after being the only country not to have one for years. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

30 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Time for a new NOC! :clap:

If it were up to me, :VAT should just give citizenship to refugee athletes and allow them to compete for them. Of course they’re are a few members of the Vatican who are athletes too, so just a suggestion. I glad the Holy See will finally have a Team after being the only country not to have one for years. 

Why we don't send some tank in Piazza San Pietro? :p

5 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Why we don't send some tank in Piazza San Pietro? :p

That’s the kind of the joke that will get you excommunicated :p

5 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

I should be excommunicated for a lot of things... :p

I’m pretty sure half my elementary teachers though I was the second coming of Satan so...:p

• 1 year later...

:VAT will take part in its first official international sporting event tomorrow. It is sending a team to the Athletics Championships of the Small States of Europe (taking place tomorrow in San Marino).

Papa Francesco incoraggia Athletica Vaticana a testimoniare la “cultura della fraternità” ai Campionati di atletica dei Piccoli Stati d’Europa (San Marino, 5 giugno) | Athletica Vaticana