website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Sports Commentators

dcro

It's always a delight to listen to Jimmy Wofford's comments.

Some highlights from yesterday include:

• "Competition makes good athletes better and bad athletes worse."
  • "Fatigue makes cowards of us all."
  • "In my experience there are three kinds of people, those who can count and those who can't."

#banbestmen

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t know the names of the guys who commented the road races at the 2018 Asian Games last year, but I was watching a replay, and they were very enjoyable to listen too. I hope the IOC picks them up for Tokyo.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

The famous women 4*400m in Zurich with french commentary yelling.

At 0.43, you'll hear two "alors peut-être" (~ "but maybe") which has now turned into a proper meme on the french internetz announcing a very unlikely outcome, but still possible.

2 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

The famous women 4*400m in Zurich with french commentary yelling.

At 0.43, you'll hear two "alors peut-être" (~ "but maybe") which has now turned into a proper meme on the french internetz announcing a very unlikely outcome, but still possible.

Ah the good old Patrick Montel :d

In the topic, :SVK most famous TV announcers yelling was definitely in Novemeber 2009 :lol:

Unforgetable meme started that night. After the final whistle from 08:45 the comentator started even speaking in Zulu or whatever this was, the famous sentence "Wankelekele ensanzi Africa !" Nobody here know until today what the hell this mean, but every slovak sport fan know this sentence by default :lol: