website statistics

Short Track Speed Skating ISU World Championships 2019

Just now, heywoodu said:

This is getting boring though, you can barely do anything or you're kicked out. What's left of the sport when people are DQ'ed who are hit by others? (like yesterday, a Chinese girl I believe was penalized after someone hit her hard, who was in turn advanced :crazy:)

I agree...it's a lot like modern keirin in track cycling...it's no longer the exciting sport it used to be...

but still, if those rules are in place, you have to play according to them...and someone is not always doing that...

p.s. yesterday, it was Seidel who was advanced despite being guilty of that crash...

Just now, phelps said:

I agree...it's a lot like modern keirin in track cycling...it's no longer the exciting sport it used to be...

but still, if those rules are in place, you have to play according to them...and someone is not always doing that...

p.s. yesterday, it was Seidel who was advanced despite being guilty of that crash...

Yeah, I meant Seidel. That was just outright stupid: crashing out someone else, falling together with that person and you get advanced while your victim gets penalized :lol: 

It's like you shoot someone in the legs and while doing so, the backfire hurts your hand, after which the judge sends your victim to jail and you get money for the damage to your hand :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

There are way too many DQs in short track compared to like 5-6 years ago. And it's hard to watch when the video review lasts longer than the race itself. That's why I don't follow this event on live TV. I watched two 1500 SFs, saw the Schulting BS and I turned it off.

Just now, heywoodu said:

Yeah, I meant Seidel. That was just outright stupid: crashing out someone else, falling together with that person and you get advanced while your victim gets penalized :lol: 

It's like you shoot someone in the legs and while doing so, the backfire hurts your hand, after which the judge sends your victim to jail and you get money for the damage to your hand :p 

if the judge is Italian, it's highly likely to happen...:roflmao::facepalm::wall:

Just now, Monzanator said:

There are way too many DQs in short track compared to like 5-6 years ago. And it's hard to watch when the video review lasts longer than the race itself. That's why I don't follow this event on live TV. I watched two 1500 SFs, saw the Schulting BS and I turned it off.

in the last few years, they repeatedly changed the rules for safety reasons...

that's why nowadays almost nothing is allowed anymore..you just have to keep your line and skate as fast as you can...

Edited by phelps

Just now, Monzanator said:

Interestingly, ex-shorttrack skater Niels Kerstholt (also Dutch, he's in the TV studio) was very much agreeing with the penalty and called Schulting's defending 'incredibly stupid' :p 

I don't watch it live a lot anymore though, usually I watch the replays so I can skip through the eternal waits :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Interestingly, ex-shorttrack skater Niels Kerstholt (also Dutch, he's in the TV studio) was very much agreeing with the penalty and called Schulting's defending 'incredibly stupid' :p 

I don't watch it live a lot anymore though, usually I watch the replays so I can skip through the eternal waits :p 

as I wrote before, Schulting's mistake was actually evident and "stupid" (at least, really unnecessary)...

other calls, instead, were at least more questionable...

Edited by phelps