website statistics

Short Track Speed Skating ISU World Championships 2019

Just now, Kirkpatrick said:

SS Liu DSQ for false start. Medals already on.

And some PEN bound to happen now.

Will there be no bronze? :p

Elistratov was cheering after winning the B final...maybe he had a foresight :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

So, women's 500m final. At the finish with Van Ruijven, Valcepina did EXACTLY the same Schulting did in her 1500m semi and what got her DQ'ed....let's see if the same happens to Valcepina now (if they're consistent, she should be DQ'ed, stupid as it may be).

:finger: Schulting not only unbalanced Huot Marchand, she also hit the French girl with her head (as I wrote earlier this afternoon, a old school keirin move)...

Valcepina "only" used her right arm to push Van Ruijven aside and find some space where to place her toe...

that said, imho Valcepina's DQ hurts, but it's perfectly within the rules and the standard (a very strict standard, it must be said) used today...

so, no complaints...only many, many regrets because ,as @Andry84 wrote, she skated a masterpiece to comeback from 4th to 2nd and then she just tried too much and eventually she got nothing (but I did really appreciate the effort and the winning attitude Martina showed in that episode...it's definitely not common among the Italian athletes -and I'm not talking only of the short track skaters)...

and it hurts also to have both of our relay teams also DQed...but I haven't watched the races yet (I'm not sure I'm gonna watch them, too), so I just can't say anything about that...I can only take notice of those results and cry...:cry:

Edited by phelps

men's 1500m
Gold: :KOR Lim Hyo Jun
Silver: :CAN Samuel Girard
Bronze: :KOR Lee June Seo

men's 500m
Gold: :KOR Hwang Dae Heon
Silver: :CHN Wu Dajing
Bronze: :CHN Ren Ziwei

women's 500m
Gold: :NED Lara Van Ruijven
Silver: :CHN Fan Kexin
Bronze: :NED Suzanne Schulting

Edited by phelps

women's Overall Provisional Standings
1st, :KOR CHOI Min Jeong,  34 Pts (CDR = 12)
2nd, :NED Lara VAN RUIJVEN,  34 Pts (CDR = 87)         
3rd, :CAN Kim BOUTIN,  21 Pts (CDR = 16)
4th, :CAN FAN Kexin,  21 Pts (CDR = 25)
5th, :NED Suzanne SCHULTING,  13 Pts (CDR = 24; Highest Rank = 2)
6th, :RUS Sofia PROSVIRNOVA,  13 Pts (CDR = 24; Highest Rank = 3)
7th, :KOR KIM Ji Yoo,  8 Pts
8th, :CHN ZANG Yize,  5 Pts (CDR = 27)
9th, :ITA Martina VALCEPINA,  5 Pts (CDR = 35)
10th, :BEL Hanne DESMET,  5 Pts (CDR = 74)

men's Overall Provisional Standings
1st, :KOR HWANG Dae Heon,  34 Pts (CDR = 10)
2nd, :KOR LIM Hyo Jun,  34 Pts (CDR = 58)         
3rd, :CAN Samuel GIRARD,  24 Pts
4th, :CAN WU Dajing,  21 Pts
5th, :KOR LEE June Seo,  13 Pts (CDR = 16)
6th, :CHN REN Ziwei,  13 Pts (CDR = 30)
7th, :RUS Semen ELISTRATOV,  10 Pts
8th, :CAN Steven DUBOIS,  8 Pts
9th, :HUN Sandor LIU Shaolin,  5 Pts
10th, :CHN XU Hongzhi,  3 Pts

44 minutes ago, phelps said:

:finger: Schulting not only unbalanced Huot Marchand, she also hit the French girl with her head (as I wrote earlier this afternoon, a old school keirin move)...

Valcepina "only" used her right arm to push Van Ruijven aside and find some space where to place her toe...

that said, imho Valcepina's DQ hurts, but it's perfectly within the rules and the standard (a very strict standard, it must be said) used today...

so, no complaints...only many, many regrets because ,as @Andry84 wrote, she skated a masterpiece to comeback from 4th to 2nd and then she just tried too much and eventually she got nothing (but I did really appreciate the effort and the winning attitude Martina showed in that episode...it's definitely not common among the Italian athletes -and I'm not talking only of the short track skaters)...

and it hurts also to have both of our relay teams also DQed...but I haven't watched the races yet (I'm not sure I'm gonna watch them, too), so I just can't say anything about that...I can only take notice of those results and cry...:cry:

I didn't see the men's relay, but the women's relay was definitely rightfully DQ'ed, they just crashed into Canada right after an exchange :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, Nate River said:

Is it just me or was the camera work during the relays just shockingly bad?

Also why aren’t they having a mixed relay

at these championships given that it’s an Olympic event now?

Because mixed relay is bullcrap :p 

Schulting came back and took the world title. Lara van Ruijven attacked twice early on and then was 'empty' (she's a sprinter, so that's not strange), but she was lapped and forgot to skate her last lap because she started celebrating with Schulting, leading to a DNF which cost her a sensational bronze medal in the overall standings :facepalm: