:SRB 00 01 00 01

:BUL 00 00 05 05

:FRA 00 00 02 02

:CRO 00 00 01 01

:SWE 00 00 01 01

:GBR 00 00 01 01

:AZE 00 00 01 01

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Apparently :SVK has a finalist and thus a guaranteed medal here, apparently some guy named Akhsarbek Gulaev in -74kg freestyle... :p

lol the guy almost lost a 9-0 lead after 1st half, but that funny "bunny hop" maneuver at 7:56 saved him :lol:

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

Apparently :SVK has a finalist and thus a guaranteed medal here, apparently some guy named Akhsarbek Gulaev in -74kg freestyle... :p

As always,Chechenia or Dagestan. Almost every nation has them in roster. Even Portugal. 

Slovakia actually has history in giving sport citizenship to former USSR but most obvious case was Ossetian. :)

Just now, hckosice said:

lol the guy almost lost a 9-0 lead after 1st half, but that funny "bunny hop" maneuver at 7:56 saved him :lol:

Serbian guy in 120 GR lost two matches in the same manner. First after leading 7-0 and match for 3rd place after 4-0.

2 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

As always,Chechenia or Dagestan. Almost every nation has them in roster. Even Portugal. 

Slovakia actually has history in giving sport citizenship to former USSR but most obvious case was Ossetian. :)

Yes, I can not say that I am happy with the way our wrestling federation chosed to go, but I can understand them, if they want some funds there no other posibilties to do.

Actually if you take a look on our NT you´ll sadly hardly find any Slovak name. the most alarming fact is that it´s clearly visible also in our juniors teams, actually our U23 and juniors are almost entirely based on former Russian guys like Taimuraz Salkazanov U23 reigning world champion, Georgi Nagoev or for example this guy Akhsarbek Gulaev, the same in the senior team around Boris Makoev former world champion silver medalist or former Ukrainian Mykola Bolotnyuk...and if not from ex-USSR we used to field former Hungarians like the former GR european champion István Levai (currently still suspended for doping)..

They started to do so before Beijing 2008 when they "employed" David Musulbes who then won there for our wrestling first medal since 1988 (Jozef Lohyňa) if I´m not wrong, since they gained alot of attention and money for that medal, they decided to move this Russian shopping way

Just now, hckosice said:

Yes, I can not say that I am happy with the way our wrestling federation chosed to go, but I can understand them, if they want some funds there no other posibilties to do.

Actually if you take a look on our NT you´ll sadly hardly find any Slovak name. the most alarming fact is that it´s clearly visible also in our juniors teams, actually our U23 and juniors are almost entirely based on former Russian guys like Taimuraz Salkazanov U23 reigning world champion, Georgi Nagoev or for example this guy Akhsarbek Gulaev, the same in the senior team around Boris Makoev former world champion silver medalist or former Ukrainian Mykola Bolotnyuk...and if not from ex-USSR we used to field former Hungarians like the former GR european champion István Levai (currently still suspended for doping)..

They started to do so before Beijing 2008 when they "employed" David Musulbes who then won there for our wrestling first medal since 1988 (Jozef Lohyňa) if I´m not wrong, since they gained alot of attention and money for that medal, they decided to move this Russian shopping way

Those contact sports are not so popular in Central Europe. Unlike former Soviet Union. There,almost every boy is training wrestling or judo. Even Russian NT has smallest number of ethnic Russians. Majority of wrestlers and judokas are Chechens or Dagestsnis with few Ossetians. If you combine unpopularity and wishing a medal you get that even junior teams are full of foreigners.

Yes,Musulbes case initiated everything. At least he brought a medal.

2 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

Serbian guy in 120 GR lost two matches in the same manner. First after leading 7-0 and match for 3rd place after 4-0.

He seemed to have a stamina problem; started strong but burned out quickly. In the match vs romanian Berei the serbian guy was exhausted after just 2 minutes 

Just now, zob79 said:

He seemed to have a stamina problem; started strong but burned out quickly. In the match vs romanian Berei the serbian guy was exhausted after just 2 minutes 

Good observation. :yes

I thought exactly the same. Actually,i have never seen a wreatler with such bad cardio and stamina. After matches he was berely breathing. I thought he will collapse.