website statistics

Men's Football UEFA Under 21 European Championship 2021

Totallympics

• 8 months later...

:yikes:

xV5WGdw.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 6 months later...

A new format has been approved with the final tournament being split over two periods, with the original venues of Hungary and Slovenia still hosting both parts of the final tournament.

The qualification competition that is currently underway will finish in September, October and November 2020. The nine group-winners and the five best runners-up will be joined by hosts Hungary and Slovenia for a group stage of four groups of four from 24 to 31 March 2021, with groups hosted by Hungary and by Slovenia.

The four group-winners and the four runners-up will then qualify for the final tournament which will be played as a straight knock-out final eight (quarter-finals and semi-finals in Hungary and Slovenia and the final in Ljubljana) from 31 May to 6 June 2021.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/newsid=2642232.html

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Germany nominated its squad today including 16 yo Youssoufa Moukoko!

Sadly Jamal Musiala and Florian Wirtz weren’t nominated, which indicates that they will play at the senior European championships. Surprisingly Karim Adeyemi and Mergim Berisha also weren’t nominated, not sure why though ... 

Not sure what to expect when 4 of the top 5 talents are missing.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

Germany nominated its squad today including 16 yo Youssoufa Moukoko!

Sadly Jamal Musiala and Florian Wirtz weren’t nominated, which indicates that they will play at the senior European championships. Surprisingly Karim Adeyemi and Mergim Berisha also weren’t nominated, not sure why though ... 

Not sure what to expect when 4 of the top 5 talents are missing.

Berisha is in the squad. 

• 2 months later...

What the hell, Netherlands went 0-1 down to France in the QF, got back to 1-1 early in the second half and then got pummeled by the French....who missed every single chance, after which Boadu scored 2-1 :NED with barely 10 seconds of injury time left :hyper:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 hours ago, Federer91 said:

I completely forgot these were today. :facepalm:

If I hadn't put them in my calendar when the group stage ended, I would've missed it completely as well...this split in two parts makes it feel entirely like some random matches instead of a tournament :p 

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

If I hadn't put them in my calendar when the group stage ended, I would've missed it completely as well...this split in two parts makes it feel entirely like some random matches instead of a tournament :p 

Yeah it's weird that some of our most important players are now in the senior team (or injured). That's probably the case for many countries.

At least we still beat France! Already an impressive result for this tournament!