web
analytics
Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

 

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to:

 

  • Post replies and open new threads
  • Give reputation to other members' posts
  • Get your own private messenger
  • Manage your profile

 

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

 

Sign In | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
Totallympics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know when the draw is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FIFA are considering whether to move the 2022 World Cup away from Qatar after Michel Platini was arrested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
La 17.06.2019 la 22:15, bmo a spus:

Does anyone know when the draw is?

 

The draw date for qualifications is not known yet, except Asian qualifications which started on June 6th. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CONCACAF's qualification format confirmed.

 

  • Top 6 teams in FIFA's ranking by June 20, 2020 will contest the Hexagonal round. Top 3 qualify to the World Cup.

 

  • The other 29 teams will contest a separate qualification round:
    • Round one: 8 round robin groups, 5 groups of four teams and the rest with 3 teams.
    • Group winners advance to two legged knockouts, until a winner is defined.
    • Winner of the knock out round will face Hex's 4th place to advance to the Intercontinental playoffs.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

CONCACAF's qualification format confirmed.

 

  • Top 6 teams in FIFA's ranking by June 20, 2020 will contest the Hexagonal round. Top 3 qualify to the World Cup.

 

  • The other 29 teams will contest a separate qualification round:
    • Round one: 8 round robin groups, 5 groups of four teams and the rest with 3 teams.
    • Group winners advance to two legged knockouts, until a winner is defined.
    • Winner of the knock out round will face Hex's 4th place to advance to the Intercontinental playoffs.

 

 

This is some bs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's won't change anything. USA, Mexico and Costa Rica just get to save travel money from the meaningless early rounds. That's it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LDOG said:

It's won't change anything. USA, Mexico and Costa Rica just get to save travel money from the meaningless early rounds. That's it.

 

Still not fair, all teams should have a chance to qualify directly. Have the top 3-5 advance directly to the hex while the other teams fight for the remaining spots.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

 

Still not fair, all teams should have a chance to qualify directly. Have the top 3-5 advance directly to the hex while the other teams fight for the remaining spots.

Yes there should be at least one spot available for play-in in the hex


“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question: do friendlies still count for world ranking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...