website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

8 hours ago, MHSN said:

FIFA decided both games Iraq-Iran and Iraq-Bahrain will be played on neutral ground!

I'm sure our players and their families will feel better when they hear the news tomorrow. considering the current situation in Iraq and specially how they act against Iran these days that was very dangerous to play there, and no exaggerating it was life threatening. it seems our foreign coach didn't want to go there at all.

Ironically our federation never asked for it. which was dubious and surprising. they sent someone to check the empty stadium and say everything is OK ! yeah the empty stadium is safe ,everybody knows ! but fortunately FIFA acted itself and took this decision. rumors say both matches will be held in Jordan.

I feel sorry for Iraqi football fans but that was the right decision.

I had the impression that Iraq Iran relations were good because of religious factor (both siite majority) 

3 hours ago, George_D said:

I had the impression that Iraq Iran relations were good because of religious factor (both siite majority) 

In general yes specially between the governments, but currently people in Iraq are tired of other countries meddling in their business and they are angry at everybody (including Iran and USA and Saudi Arabia).

The Iranian government even forbid the Iranians to travel to Iraq these days because of security concerns but then they had no problem sending a whole football team (which could be a very good target for angry people and also the terrorists there) to Iraq !!! I still don't know how the hell they had no problem sending the team to Iraq !

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to Syria for defeating China today and leading the group. This nation needs a satisfaction like this, at least in sport:yes After winning 14-0 against Cambodia, Iran lost 0-1 in Bahrain and today 1-2 to Iraq, in 93th minute. Bahrain lost a great opportunity to take same distance in the group ranking but they drawn 0-0 in Hong Kong. Ok, there are still many matches to be played but it's obvious that Iran needs to change something. United Arab Emirates lost in Vietnam as well. interesting surprises today:coffee:

A 92nd minute goal from Iraq almost eliminated Iran from the World Cup already. thanks to our stupid useless coach.

who the hell hired this guy ? he came to Iran only "2 days" before the match and only after they paid him in full. I never saw such lack of commitment before the most important matches.

nobody in Iran really understood how serious the situation is. everybody thought losing to Bahrain was just "an accident" and Iraq will be walk in the park. now even winning the next 4 matches won't guarantee anything. and with this team and this coach, even in packed Azadi they can't beat both Bahrain in Iraq.

they will be extremely stupid to not fire Wilmots today. this guy only cares about money.

Edited by MHSN

Iran is ok as long as they win the 4 games, even as 2nd placer. But yes, now it's "match point" against.

Saudi Arabia survived today with those vital 3 points. 

UAE would be out already in most other groups, but the ASEAN teams are so close each other in level that still survival is possible.   

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

Iran is ok as long as they win the 4 games, even as 2nd placer. But yes, now it's "match point" against.

Saudi Arabia survived today with those vital 3 points. 

You guys still probably remember Iran from the World Cup but this is a totally different team with a new coach, on that team players were ready to do everything for the team. they were a solid unit. but this team ?! they had only and only 2 tough (or I would say not easy) matches so far and they lost them both !

and beside that Bahrain and Iraq are the worst possible opponents for Iran, they always somehow know how to make it very hard for Iran. to me it's really hard to beat them both in Tehran. the only good thing is those 2 crucial matches will be in June next year. enough time to make some changes. because at least right now everybody realized the danger.

I think 4pts from those 2 matches is the best case scenario and I was checking other groups if 16pts will be enough to qualify ?! I guess it will be or at least that's possible.

I think it's safe to say 2 teams will qualify from Group A and E . 3 more runner ups will join them in the 2nd round. I think Australia, South Korea and Japan won't let runner ups in their groups to collect too much points. KSA group and also that ASEAN group look very balanced and they will beat each other.

btw Saudi was down 2-1 with 5 minutes to go. but Uzbekistan choked again and lost it 3-2. they are surely the biggest choker in Asian football.

Edited by MHSN

3 hours ago, vlad said:

Congrats to Syria for defeating China today and leading the group. This nation needs a satisfaction like this, at least in sport:yes After winning 14-0 against Cambodia, Iran lost 0-1 in Bahrain and today 1-2 to Iraq, in 93th minute. Bahrain lost a great opportunity to take same distance in the group ranking but they drawn 0-0 in Hong Kong. Ok, there are still many matches to be played but it's obvious that Iran needs to change something. United Arab Emirates lost in Vietnam as well. interesting surprises today:coffee:

following today's loss, Marcello Lippi resigned from his role of coach of the Chinese National team...:yikes::facepalm:

having watched the match, I wouldn't name Iran's loss a surprise...they were really out of synch, not acting as a team, too much focused on complaining against the ref...add to that a stupid red card with still about a quarter of an hour to go and bad attitude overall and you get what they got...losing badly in the stoppage time...

I feel sorry for our friend @MHSN...it must have been very painful watching today's match...:(

3 hours ago, phelps said:

following today's loss, Marcello Lippi resigned from his role of coach of the Chinese National team...:yikes::facepalm:

having watched the match, I wouldn't name Iran's loss a surprise...they were really out of synch, not acting as a team, too much focused on complaining against the ref...add to that a stupid red card with still about a quarter of an hour to go and bad attitude overall and you get what they got...losing badly in the stoppage time...

I feel sorry for our friend @MHSN...it must have been very painful watching today's match...:(

btw this's his 2nd resign after asian cup 2019 , this man is already done with football tactics and his time is gone 

5 hours ago, MHSN said:

You guys still probably remember Iran from the World Cup but this is a totally different team with a new coach, on that team players were ready to do everything for the team. they were a solid unit. but this team ?! they had only and only 2 tough (or I would say not easy) matches so far and they lost them both !

and beside that Bahrain and Iraq are the worst possible opponents for Iran, they always somehow know how to make it very hard for Iran. to me it's really hard to beat them both in Tehran. the only good thing is those 2 crucial matches will be in June next year. enough time to make some changes. because at least right now everybody realized the danger.

I think 4pts from those 2 matches is the best case scenario and I was checking other groups if 16pts will be enough to qualify ?! I guess it will be or at least that's possible.

I think it's safe to say 2 teams will qualify from Group A and E . 3 more runner ups will join them in the 2nd round. I think Australia, South Korea and Japan won't let runner ups in their groups to collect too much points. KSA group and also that ASEAN group look very balanced and they will beat each other.

btw Saudi was down 2-1 with 5 minutes to go. but Uzbekistan choked again and lost it 3-2. they are surely the biggest choker in Asian football.

Iran definitely can destroy Bahrain home , Bahrain tied with Hong Kong today they're seriously bad outside home + plus Hong Kong match doesn't seem a problem for even an average Iranian team

2 hours ago, phelps said:

It was indeed painful, and the worst part is it wasn't even surprising, I was expecting this. and to be honest they deserved to lose. I was only looking at the clock in last 10 minutes ... :(

complaining to the ref is becoming the trademark of Iranian teams. we lost the Asian Cup semifinal to Japan for the same reason (forgot the ball before the whistle and Japan scored) if you watch a local match in Iran you will have headache because of that. it's battle of complaining, and not only in football but every single sport. :facepalm:specially the second half was really hard to watch. complete disaster.

this is a long story but during Carlos Queiroz era Iran qualified for the World Cup twice in a row for the first time. 2018 was actually very easy. that made some people to believe this is easy and Queiroz sucks and any other coach can achieve that. :facepalm:  I think with Queiroz Iran lost only twice to Asian teams in 7 years, Wilmots achieved that number of 2 defeats only in 2 months