website statistics

[FANTASY CONTESTS] Biathlon Manager Game Discussion Thread

Wumo

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

@Wumo Did you count the transfers before NM sprint? I still have listed 2 despite making more yesterday.

Yes, I forgot to add the transfers in my updated standing at first:facepalm:. It has now been fixed. Thanks for notifying me. :)

The transfer window is now open 

These are the rules for transfers:

b) Every user/manager are allowed to switch out 2 biathletes on their team in one transfer window.

c) Every user/manager are given 8 transfers in total during the whole season and 3 each trimester.

d) Managers are not allowed to have a team where the total point grade is over 160 points after completing transfers.

e) The rules in 1) must not be violated.

https://totallympics.com/topic/1571-fantasy-contests-biathlon-manager-game-discussion-thread/?do=findComment&comment=252111

Managers can post their new team and make as many changes as they would like (of course not violating any of the rules listed above) until the deadline. After the deadline has been reached, no further changes are allowed before the opening of the next transfer window.

The transfer window will close when the Men's Sprint starts on March 11, 17:30 (GMT +1)

@hckosice, @brunamoura, @Vojthas, @heywoodu, @Henry_Leon, @Werloc, @Fly_like_a_don, @EupenM, @Federer91, @IoNuTzZ, @toulousain, @Monzanator, @SalamAkhi, @RobtheAggie

The transfer window is now open. The last transfer window of the 2020/21-season. Last chance for managers to make small adjustments to their teams.

These are the rules for transfers:

b) Every user/manager are allowed to switch out 2 biathletes on their team in one transfer window.

c) Every user/manager are given 8 transfers in total during the whole season and 3 each trimester.

d) Managers are not allowed to have a team where the total point grade is over 160 points after completing transfers.

e) The rules in 1) must not be violated.

https://totallympics.com/topic/1571-fantasy-contests-biathlon-manager-game-discussion-thread/?do=findComment&comment=252111

Managers can post their new team and make as many changes as they would like (of course not violating any of the rules listed above) until the deadline. After the deadline has been reached, no further changes are allowed before the opening of the next transfer window.

The transfer window will close when the Women's Sprint starts on March 19, 12:30 (GMT +1)

@hckosice, @brunamoura, @Vojthas, @heywoodu, @Henry_Leon, @Werloc, @Fly_like_a_don, @EupenM, @Federer91, @IoNuTzZ, @toulousain, @Monzanator, @SalamAkhi, @RobtheAggie

4ninzf.jpg

Final Standing available here

ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b.jpg.4a05d2852188ff96f934faa5edf1d813.jpg  :wBRA: brunamoura 
5a91983c5af54_ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b-Copy.jpg.034592cc412660cfe59ff1ce89ac476f.jpg :wFRA: toulousain 
ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b - Copy (2).jpg  :wITA: Henry_Leon 

A long an exciting Biathlon World Cup season is now over. The men's world cup was a nail-biter that was decided on the last shooting. Not only was their world cup a close race, also the race for winning this year's Biathlon Manager Game came down to the wire.

By a margin of only 36,5 points, the BMG 2020/21-champion is @brunamoura :champion: She has been in the "yellow jersey" through most of the season but here in the last world cups toulousain has been getting closer and closer for each race. But she can take a sight of relief, as in the end, her team was the strongest one and she can be crowned as this season's champion. Huge congratulations, @brunamoura! :thumbup: 

As mentioned above, with a strong finish of the season, @toulousain was close to take the honour from Bruna, but he ended just shy of the top spot. Overall a really strong performance from last season's third-placed manager. This season he takes a step up and improve to a well-deserved second place. Congrats with an impressive season and result from your team, @toulousain:thumbup:

There was also a very tight race for the last spot on the podium. The race was between @Werloc and @Henry_Leon. Before the last two races, it looked to be Werloc who would take the third place overall. But with a strong performance by Henry_Leon's team, he would come from behind and secure the third place in the last metres. A big congratulation to @Henry_Leon with grabbing the last spot on the honourable podium. :thumbup:  However, also a brilliant perfomance from @Werloc and his team this season. Despite being overtaken in the final races, you can certaintly be proud of you and your team's performance.

Lastly I would like to thank all managers who took their time to participate in this second edition of BMG. I hope to see you all and many more for next season. It's your participation and involvement that makes me motivated to continue doing this. 

Thank you! :)

57 minutes ago, Wumo said:

4ninzf.jpg

Final Standing available here

ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b.jpg.4a05d2852188ff96f934faa5edf1d813.jpg  :wBRA: brunamoura 
5a91983c5af54_ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b-Copy.jpg.034592cc412660cfe59ff1ce89ac476f.jpg :wFRA: toulousain 
ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b - Copy (2).jpg  :wITA: Henry_Leon 

A long an exciting Biathlon World Cup season is now over. The men's world cup was a nail-biter that was decided on the last shooting. Not only was their world cup a close race, also the race for winning this year's Biathlon Manager Game came down to the wire.

By a margin of only 36,5 points, the BMG 2020/21-champion is @brunamoura :champion: She has been in the "yellow jersey" through most of the season but here in the last world cups toulousain has been getting closer and closer for each race. But she can take a sight of relief, as in the end, her team was the strongest one and she can be crowned as this season's champion. Huge congratulations, @brunamoura! :thumbup: 

As mentioned above, with a strong finish of the season, @toulousain was close to take the honour from Bruna, but he ended just shy of the top spot. Overall a really strong performance from last season's third-placed manager. This season he takes a step up and improve to a well-deserved second place. Congrats with an impressive season and result from your team, @toulousain:thumbup:

There was also a very tight race for the last spot on the podium. The race was between @Werloc and @Henry_Leon. Before the last two races, it looked to be Werloc who would take the third place overall. But with a strong performance by Henry_Leon's team, he would come from behind and secure the third place in the last metres. A big congratulation to @Henry_Leon with grabbing the last spot on the honourable podium. :thumbup:  However, also a brilliant perfomance from @Werloc and his team this season. Despite being overtaken in the final races, you can certaintly be proud of you and your team's performance.

Lastly I would like to thank all managers who took their time to participate in this second edition of BMG. I hope to see you all and many more for next season. It's your participation and involvement that makes me motivated to continue doing this. 

Thank you! :)

Haha that's so cool!!

Thank you so much, @Wumo for providing us a lot of fun in this crazy season!

@toulousain, that was an exciting fight! I was updating the page every hour yesterday to see if the final results had already been posted. Congratulations for the second place and thanks for the fight ?

Hopefully next season we have this game again ?

9 hours ago, toulousain said:

My final team:

JT Boe (c), Jacquelin, Hofer, Fak, Samuelsson

Eckhoff (c), Chevalier-Bouchet, Hauser, Davidova, Alimbekava

Were in the team at some point:

Latypov, Kühn, Seppala

Simon, H Oeberg, Eder

Men team saved my final!

?

9 hours ago, toulousain said:

My final team:

Eckhoff (c), Chevalier-Bouchet, Hauser, Davidova, Alimbekava

Were in the team at some point:

Latypov, Kühn, Seppala

Simon, H Oeberg, Eder

My final team:

Eckhoff (c), Chevalier-Bouchet, Hanna Oeberg, Alimbekava and Charvatova (replacing Lunder in the last transfer window so I could get one extra point to pick Hofer)

Hofer replaced Krcmar in the last transfer window

They were also in my team at some point:

Lena Haecki, Bescond (if I am not mistaken), Leitner and I don't remember the rest ?

My final team:

Eckhoff (c), Wierer, Davidova, E.Oeberg, Alimbekava

JT Boe (c), Desthieux, Eberhard, Samuelsson, Latypov

Transfers out: Olsbu, Zuk (sic), Vita Semerenko, Doherty, Rastorgujevs (forced by the suspension)

Obviously I can see three reasons why I finished 8th (after being stuck in bottom three for 1,5 months during the season so I deffo gained on the transfers but the damage was done in January in particular).

1. Having Olsbu instead of Eckhoff as the Norwegian female entry until World Championships.

2. Foolish idea Kamila Zuk can become a reliable Top 30 point scorer (thankfully replaced by Alimbekava soon enough)

3. Whiffed on the old guard Eberhard and Semerenko badly. They appear to be done.

It's funny, I had Samuelsson in my team from Day 1 to last in the previous season (not a great result in the end) and only added him mid-way through in 2021. He had a season this time I thought he'd have last campaign!