website statistics

[FANTASY CONTESTS] Biathlon Manager Game Discussion Thread

Wumo

Just now, brunamoura said:

An autograph from a 9 years old child is cute ? that's something to be appreciated, yes.

I can get also one from other brazilian cross country skiers and biathletes (also some athletes from other countries during the races).

One or.. more? I mean, there might be (or should I say there surely are) more collectors among Totallympians, for whom it would be a nice gift.

Agora, Vojthas disse:

One or.. more? I mean, there might be (or should I say there surely are) more collectors among Totallympians, for whom it would be a nice gift.

Yes, I believe I can get more ?

For sure I can get autographs from the brazilian skiers (except for one who has no contact at all with the team) and I am sure they would be glad with sending autographs ? and also from some IBU Cup athletes. I can't promise, but maybe also from Doro Wierer and Thomas Bormolini (it depends on if I will see them in Livigno this season)

33 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

@Jan Linha was the user most interested in collecting I believe :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

49 minutes ago, Wumo said:

Well, I don't have any autographs from any real athlete. My friend's autograph from when he was 9 years old doesn't count, because you know, he wasn't a real athlete. However, I did appreciate it at that time.

I used to give my friends and classmates “autographs” when I was younger too :p. The “autographs” were generally papers I didn’t want back, or were too lazy to put in my folder. So instead of throwing them away, I’d give it someone and say “hold on to this in case I become famous (and then sell it on EBay ;))”. Generally that person would take it, and throw it right in the trash can :(. Even my old unofficial girlfriend :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

56 minutes ago, brunamoura said:

Yes, I believe I can get more ?

For sure I can get autographs from the brazilian skiers (except for one who has no contact at all with the team) and I am sure they would be glad with sending autographs ? and also from some IBU Cup athletes. I can't promise, but maybe also from Doro Wierer and Thomas Bormolini (it depends on if I will see them in Livigno this season)

Anna Weidel :cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

image.png

2019/20 Biathlon Manager Game is now open

@heywoodu, @RobtheAggie, @Kirkpatrick, @Federer91, @Vojthas, @brunamoura, @hckosice, @Olympian1010, @Henry_Leon.

Maybe @Werloc, @SalamAkhi, @Bohemia, @Monzanator are interested?

24 minutes ago, Wumo said:

image.png

2019/20 Biathlon Manager Game is now open

@heywoodu, @RobtheAggie, @Kirkpatrick, @Federer91, @Vojthas, @brunamoura, @hckosice, @Olympian1010, @Henry_Leon.

Maybe @Werloc, @SalamAkhi, @Bohemia, @Monzanator are interested?

I'm a pretty lazy fella when it comes to stuff like this :lol: hence, why the Biathlon World Championship prediction contest is the only one I enter at all during the year, gave up on Athletics, Swimming, Nordic champs, Basketball and Football during the years :rolleyes:

Sidenote, this whole Biathlon Manager Game would probably offer a lot more diversity if the teams would consist of 1 athlete from 1-6 nation cup pool, 1 athlete from 6-11, 1 athlete for 11-16, 17-21, 21 and upwards. This would prioritise some reseach on smaller nations for your pick.

Granting 6 athletes from the Top 10 doesn't leave much to the imagination and I see a lot of similar teams going into this as JTB/Fourcade is probably a must for every team and the biggest diversity point is going to be Vittozzi over Wierer, because you can't have both.

Edit: sorry, I'm not good at reading today, 3 athletes in total, not 3 men and 3 women.

Edited by Werloc

Just to clarify: 

Managers can select a maximum of 3 biathletes of the 19 in the template.

Nation Biathlete Placement in Last Season's WC
 Women
:ITA  Dorothea Wierer 1.
:ITA  Lisa Vittozzi 2.
:NOR  Marte Olsbu Roeiseland 4.
:SWE  Hanna Oeberg 5.
:SVK  Paulina Fialkova 6.
:FIN  Kaisa Makarainen 7.
:GER  Denise Herrmann 8.
:GER  Franziska Preuss 9.
:POL  Monika Hojnisz-Starega 10.
Men
:NOR  Johannes Thingnes Boe 1.
:RUS  Alexander Loginov 2.
:FRA  Quentin Fillon Maillet 3.
:FRA  Simon Desthieux 4.
:GER  Arnd Peiffer 5.
:NOR  Tarjei Boe 6.
:GER  Benedikt Doll 7.
:AUT  Simon Eder 8.
:AUT  Julian Eberhard 9.
:ITA  Lukas Hofer 10.

So managers can choose one of these options: 3 women and 0 men, 3 men and 0 women, 2 women and 1 man, 2 men and 1 woman.

Of course managers are not forced to select 3 biathletes from the template. They can also choose to select only 2, 1 or no biathletes from the template above. 

I'm sorry if it wasn't clearly written. My mistake. 

Edited by Wumo