website statistics

[FANTASY CONTESTS] Biathlon Manager Game Discussion Thread

Wumo

1 hour ago, Wumo said:

image.png

2019/20 Biathlon Manager Game is now open

@heywoodu, @RobtheAggie, @Kirkpatrick, @Federer91, @Vojthas, @brunamoura, @hckosice, @Olympian1010, @Henry_Leon.

Maybe @Werloc, @SalamAkhi, @Bohemia, @Monzanator are interested?

Thanks for the beep. No worries, I´m in. Team "Paja" just can not miss this ! be sure !

I´ll take a look on the rules later and enter the game at time :yes

4 horas atrás, Wumo disse:

image.png

2019/20 Biathlon Manager Game is now open

@heywoodu, @RobtheAggie, @Kirkpatrick, @Federer91, @Vojthas, @brunamoura, @hckosice, @Olympian1010, @Henry_Leon.

Maybe @Werloc, @SalamAkhi, @Bohemia, @Monzanator are interested?

I am in! ?

5 hours ago, hckosice said:

Thanks for the beep. No worries, I´m in. Team "Paja" just can not miss this ! be sure !

I´ll take a look on the rules later and enter the game at time :yes

Where did Paja go? :hairpull: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

24 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

The maximum of 3 biathletes among the top 10 is only for the first stage (and then you can switch in more of them)? 

Correct. After the two first races the managers are allowed to buy more biathletes from the top 10.

I have considered some different options about the top 10 during the process of creating this:

1. Managers weren't allowed to buy more biathletes from the top 10 before WC stage 4. This would likely make managers consider if it was worth switching out a weak biathlete with a strong biathlete, as it could cost a lot of points because of the transfer system. 

2. Buying biathletes from the top 10 would cost 2 transfers instead of 1. 

3. Have a cap/maximum of Top 10 biathletes on a team. Managers were only allowed to have 5 top 10 biahtletes on their team at the same time. 

I'm aware that many managers will likely stock up on biathletes from the top 10, as many of them will likely perform well throughout the season. It could lead to very similar teams.

I'm still not certain how much of an effect the limit of biathletes per nation and negative points from the transfer system could have on managers' will to buy biathletes from the top 10?

As I have written earlier, this season is being used to see how the different systems works in this game. It's easier to see what works and doesn't after the season is over. 

27 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@Wumo can I not select athletes outside the ten listed in the example?

If you refer to the template with the 19 biathletes, you can select a maximum of 3 biathletes from that for the first World Cup.

If you mean the excel document with a list of biathletes, BMG Biathlete Points (1) (2).xlsx, it's only provisional and not complete. You are allowed to select any biathlete.

However, you may not violate this rule:

1. Creating your biathlon team

Your biathlon team will consist of 5 female and 5 male biathletes. You are only allowed to select 2 biathletes from the same nation. Only 1 male and 1 female biathlete from the same nation are allowed. 2 male or 2 female biathletes are not allowed. For the first World Cup round, managers can select a maximum of 3 biathletes in total from last WC season’s overall top 10 in both men’s and women’s WC. For every World Cup Round, managers select one male captain and one female captain. See 2e for points.

4 minutes ago, Wumo said:

If you refer to the template with the 19 biathletes, you can select a maximum of 3 biathletes from that for the first World Cup.

If you mean the excel document with a list of biathletes, BMG Biathlete Points (1) (2).xlsx, it's only provisional and not complete. You are allowed to select any biathlete.

However, you may not violate this rule:

1. Creating your biathlon team

Your biathlon team will consist of 5 female and 5 male biathletes. You are only allowed to select 2 biathletes from the same nation. Only 1 male and 1 female biathlete from the same nation are allowed. 2 male or 2 female biathletes are not allowed. For the first World Cup round, managers can select a maximum of 3 biathletes in total from last WC season’s overall top 10 in both men’s and women’s WC. For every World Cup Round, managers select one male captain and one female captain. See 2e for points.

Ah, okay that answered my question. Thank you

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela