website statistics

[FANTASY CONTESTS] Biathlon Manager Game Discussion Thread

Wumo

11 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

I am in.  Another thought would be something like this.  

1 from 1-10

2 from 11-30

2 from 31-60

If you really want to make it interesting, take JT Boe and Fourcade out of contention.

As I have thought about this again, since you are only giving points for the top 20 spots, something more like this

1 from 1-10

3 from 11-30

1 from 31-60

Just now, Kirkpatrick said:

This will be great, and looking very much forward to new season.

Perhaps some reminder a month/two weeks/week or so before the start?

I will come with a reminder a month before the season starts. 

If you have any suggestions to the rules or points systems, feel free to come with them.

Also, If you, or anyone else, know some biathlon fans outside the forum, it would be great if they would participate in the manager game when we are getting closer to the season start. 

I think it should be called "Fantasy Game" instead of "Manager Game" but that's the least important thing ;) I love such a kind of game but I have two problems with them - one is that I usually take to my team athletes I like personally than those who may give me more points, two is that I often forget about the contest in the middle of the season (like I did with ski jumping fantasy during the 4 Hills Tournament). But of course I am keen on this game next season.

• 7 months later...

1. Creating your biathlon team

Your biathlon team will consist of 5 female and 5 male biathletes. You are only allowed to select 2 biathletes from the same nation. Only 1 male and 1 female biathlete from the same nation are allowed. 2 male or 2 female biathletes from the same nation are not allowed. For the first World Cup round, managers will have 160 points to their disposal to buy 10 biathletes for their team.

"Price Lists"

BMG 2020-21 Grades.xlsx

For every World Cup Round, managers select one male captain and one female captain. See 2e for points.

1. Point Systems

a) Points for Individual races (Individual, Sprint, Pursuit and Mass Start)

Place

b) Points for Shooting (Individual, Sprint, Pursuit and Mass Start)

Description

For every target hit

Bonus: 10/10 targets hit (Sprint)

Bonus: 20/20 targets hit (Individual, Pursuit and Mass Start)

Sprint Example:

Biathlete 1’s shooting: 0+2 = 16 points

Biathlete 2’s shooting: 0+0 = 30 points

Individual/Pursuit/Mass Start Example:

Biathlete 1’s shooting: 0+2+1+1 = 32 points

Biathlete 2’s shooting: 0+0+0+0 = 60 points

c) Course Time Points (Sprint, Individual)

The biathletes with the 10 fastest course times in a race will be awarded as follow:

Place

d) Points for Position in Pursuit

Description

For at least keeping his/her place/position in the pursuit

For taking 5 places (Start in Top 21)

For taking 10 places (Start in Top 21)

For taking 20 places (Start in Top 21)

For taking 5 places (Start outside Top 21)

For taking 10 places (Start outside Top 21)

For taking 20 places (Start outside Top 21)

Example with d):

Biathlete 1’s pursuit: Start: 14, Finish: 6 = 5+8 = 13 points

Biathlete 2’s pursuit: Start 11, Finish 13 = 0 points

Biathlete 3’s pursuit: Start 30, Finish 17 = 5+6.5 = 11.5 points

Biathlete 4’s pursuit: Start 27, Finish 27 = 5 points

e) Captain Bonus

For every World Cup Round, managers select one male captain and one female captain. The selected captains will double their points for their placements in individual races. See 2a.

Notice! Captains will not double their scores in other categories of the point system.

f) Relays in any format will not count for any points in BMG.

g) After each trimester (see calendar), the Top 10 in the Overall World Cup will be awarded as follow:

Place

h) By the end of the season, if a manager have 5 or more biathletes in the Overall World Cup Top 10 on his/her team, he/she will be awarded 50 additional points to his/her total

i) If a manager have a team with a total over 160 grade points, one of his/her's biathelete's points will be deducted/not counted in each race until the total grade points on his/her team are 160 or under. 

3) Transfer system

a) The transfer window is open from the last race in a WC round has been completed to the start of the next race in the following WC round. Example: A WC round ends Sunday, January 15th, the next race starts Thursday, January 19th, 11:00. Transfer window closes Thursday, January 19th, 11:00.

b) Every user/manager are allowed to switch out 2 biathletes on their team in one transfer window.

c) Every user/manager are given 8 transfers in total during the whole season and 3 each trimester.

d) Managers are not allowed to have a team where the total point grade is over 160 points after completing transfers.

e) The rules in 1) must not be violated.

4)   Ranking/Standing

a) The standing for managers will updated after every competition/race within five hours after the end of the competition/race. Exception! In case of two races are held on the same day, the standing will be updated after the last race have been completed. 

5) Mistakes and Problems

a)  Mistakes with points for managers, can be reported to the host of the BMG in the Discussion thread or via a personal message with the headline “Mistake”

b) The deadline for reporting any mistakes regarding points is 24 hours before the start of the upcoming WC round. Example: Men’s Sprint, Thursday January 25th 12:30, deadline is Wednesday January 24th 12:30.

c) Any mistakes not reported before the end of the deadline will count and cannot be changed.

d) If the site is down for a longer period for all users, BMG will be stopped immediately, and not continue until all participants can log on the site again.

6) Final Standing

After the last race of the World Cup season has been completed, the final standing of BMG will be published as quickly as possible. The winning manager will be the one who has managed to score most points overall by having chosen the biathletes who have performed best according to the point systems. The winner will have the honor of calling him-or herself a true biathlon manager, or just someone who is really good at this particular game.

Will someone keep track of the number of transfers someone has made?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Well, I'm in.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!