website statistics

Skeleton IBSF World Championships 2019

Totallympics

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

If only germany could be this dominant on the mens side ...

Didnt know the Czech Republic invested in skeleton. Do they even have a track there?

We didn’t invest in anything. Fernstadtova used to be German but switched to the Czechs (she was born in Prague). I’m pretty sure she’s the only serious skeleton racer in the entire country lol

Just now, ahjfcshfghb said:

We didn’t invest in anything. Fernstadtova used to be German but switched to the Czechs (she was born in Prague). I’m pretty sure she’s the only serious skeleton racer in the entire country lol

Good to know, now even the Czech Republic is more attractive for athletes than Germany, sad times ...

Don't remember a german athlete by that name.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 godzinę temu, ahjfcshfghb napisał:

Philipp Moelter is not racing anymore? And you have young boy named Timon Drahonovsky (15-16yo).

48 minut temu, OlympicsFan napisał:

Try Anna Fernstadt

48 minut temu, OlympicsFan napisał:

Good to know, now even the Czech Republic is more attractive for athletes than Germany, sad times ...

Is it really necessary to write such a thing?

25 minutes ago, Col_Frost said:

Philipp Moelter is not racing anymore? And you have young boy named Timon Drahonovsky (15-16yo).

Try Anna Fernstadt

Moelter hasn’t raced this season. Skeleton is the only Olympic sport we’ve barely ever done (even curling is on the up) so hopefully now there will be more of an interest amongst young people:) 

35 minutes ago, Col_Frost said:

Try Anna Fernstadt

It isnt necessary, nothing we write here is necessary. Still its the truth, Czech Republic should be less attractive for athletes, but thats not the case. Who knows? Maybe in a couple of years athletes will prefer representing Burkina Faso or something like that over Germany ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

23 minuty temu, ahjfcshfghb napisał:

Moelter hasn’t raced this season. Skeleton is the only Olympic sport we’ve barely ever done (even curling is on the up) so hopefully now there will be more of an interest amongst young people:) 

Good luck. Hope to skeleton will take an example from bobsleigh and we'll see some Czechs in Beijing :) 

16 minut temu, OlympicsFan napisał:

It isnt necessary, nothing we write here is necessary. Still its the truth, Czech Republic should be less attractive for athletes, but thats not the case. Who knows? Maybe in a couple of years athletes will prefer representing Burkina Faso or something like that over Germany ...

Ok, I tried to be polite but it seems not working on you so I'll say straight. Discusions and opinions about that some countries should or not to be better than others is not only not necessary but also undesirable. Hope you'll understand this time cause I won't bother myself to try third time. No regards for you ;) 

Przed chwilą, dcro napisał:

Dukurs :thumbup:

I have no idea what is happening here. Russians are terrible and Dukurs who has bad season (for him) now can (and probably will) be World Champion. Amazing competition.

2 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Would she even make the German team though? It's not unusual that lower ranked athletes from a powerhouse country switch their nationality just to compete at the highest level. Happens all the time to Americans in basketball & Chinese in table tennis.

Edited by Monzanator

Przed chwilą, Monzanator napisał:

Would she even make the German team though? It's not unusual that lower ranked athletes from a powerhouse country switch their nationality just to compete at the highest level. Happens all the time to Americans in basketball & Chinese in table tennis.

But to be honest is not very popular practice in sliding sports. Aileen Frisch is the only example I can remind now from last years and Germans are dominators in bobsleigh and luge and very strong in skeleton. In Fernstadtova case probably her place of birth was important. It's only my guess but I think she had dual citizenship.

25 minutes ago, Col_Frost said:

But to be honest is not very popular practice in sliding sports. Aileen Frisch is the only example I can remind now from last years and Germans are dominators in bobsleigh and luge and very strong in skeleton. In Fernstadtova case probably her place of birth was important. It's only my guess but I think she had dual citizenship.

Dual citizenship or not, competing for your birth country is not strange by any stretch :p She definitely has the talent to make the German team though, I don't see Griebel being consistently better..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!