website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2019

hckošice

18 minutes ago, Kirkpatrick said:

Considering the form on this WC, I'd say your men's team is the favourite for gold. J. Boe is scary, but the rest of the Norway isn't at all.

I'd definitely argue that Tarjei Boe looks fine in this WC and Christiansen is a beast on the shooting range, which is very useful in relay competitions. Reliable, fast shooting.

I'm slightly surprised that Germany went for Hinz over Preuss. Italy with 0 ambitions to go for gold with the way that they organised their relay. For France it will be all about the shooting. Norway is a mixed bag of stress with Solemdal's performance and standing shooting from both Tandrevold and Eckhoff.

As for men, I would have actually liked to see Fillon-Mallet on the 4th position, because Martin does not really look as ambitious or prepared to race for a medal, especially if it's going to be a ski race on the last lap. Germany and Norway look rather solid as well. Sweden might really do something with good shooting.

9 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I'd definitely argue that Tarjei Boe looks fine in this WC and Christiansen is a beast on the shooting range, which is very useful in relay competitions. Reliable, fast shooting.

Bookmarked this post just in case Christiansen bites you in the ass.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Bookmarked this post just in case Christiansen bites you in the ass.

Well, he held his own in the mixed relay against Doll, in his first ever World Championship competition. This is some Dahlmeier level of reliability :p

1 hour ago, Kirkpatrick said:

Teams are out for relays.

Slovakia did change something, moved Poliakova and Kuzmina a spot, and put Paulina Fialkova as an anchor.

Medal favourites below?

Hinz-Hildebrand-Herrmann-Dahlmeier

Vitozzi-Gontier-Wierer-Sanfilippo

Solemdal-Tandrevold-Eckhoff-Olsbu

Herrmann-Gontier-Eckhoff show on range!

Why Herrmann-Gontier-Eckhoff show?

Surprised that Germany starts with their 2 weakest athletes, there is a good chance that Italy, Norway and maybe some other relays will already be out of reach when Herrmann takes over. Based on what i saw so far my favorites are Norway and Sweden.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, Kirkpatrick said:

Considering the form on this WC, I'd say your men's team is the favourite for gold. J. Boe is scary, but the rest of the Norway isn't at all.

Agree, only problem might be that relays normally arent decided before the last leg and its hard to see Fourcade beating any half way decent opponent man to man in his current shape. On paper France has the strongest relay. What a shame that Schempp didnt make it, him in normal shape + Doll, Lesser and Peiffer would have made Germany the favorite for gold in my opinion. Nawrath, Kühn and Rees are completely unpredictable.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

53 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Who would dare mess with this man?

Screenshot (179).png

Now I'm imagining Christiansen standing in front of his girlfriend juggling with some bowling pins or something, entertaining away :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Now I'm imagining Christiansen standing in front of his girlfriend juggling with some bowling pins or something, entertaining away :p 

Well, when I read "entertaining my girlfriend", I think about something completely different. :p But I'm also 23, so that could explain it.