website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2019

hckošice

Glad that Johannes didn't win today, would have lost another 4 points then for not having him in my top three :p

Also, World Championships are just another world cup with less athletes competing (so, weaker field) and stamped with a different name. Don't get me wrong, I really love and enjoy the fact that we have Biathlon World Championships every non-Olympic year, but it also makes it less relevant at the same time when it's held that often.

And to people bashing Kaisa, honestly screw you :d I'd rather have a three time crystal globe queen that never gives up on the track and has kept fighting for so many years despite some shortcomings in her career. She has fought head to head with Henkel, Neuner, Domracheva, Kuzmina, Dahlmeier, Berger and other toughest biathlon women for nearly two decades. Not to mention that she is the face of Finnish biathlon. I can tell you that French, Norwegian, German, Russian athletes never had the pressure of an entire nation on their backs for that many years. Even if things don't work out, there's always the relays, well, ladies and gentlemen, Kaisa never experienced a relay where she could race in a team with someone that's her equal, except Mari Laukkanen on her best days. The real losers of this world are people that undermine other people's achievements and people that look down on others when they are experiencing dire times.

41 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Glad that Johannes didn't win today, would have lost another 4 points then for not having him in my top three :p

Also, World Championships are just another world cup with less athletes competing (so, weaker field) and stamped with a different name. Don't get me wrong, I really love and enjoy the fact that we have Biathlon World Championships every non-Olympic year, but it also makes it less relevant at the same time when it's held that often.

And to people bashing Kaisa, honestly screw you :d I'd rather have a three time crystal globe queen that never gives up on the track and has kept fighting for so many years despite some shortcomings in her career. She has fought head to head with Henkel, Neuner, Domracheva, Kuzmina, Dahlmeier, Berger and other toughest biathlon women for nearly two decades. Not to mention that she is the face of Finnish biathlon. I can tell you that French, Norwegian, German, Russian athletes never had the pressure of an entire nation on their backs for that many years. Even if things don't work out, there's always the relays, well, ladies and gentlemen, Kaisa never experienced a relay where she could race in a team with someone that's her equal, except Mari Laukkanen on her best days. The real losers of this world are people that undermine other people's achievements and people that look down on others when they are experiencing dire times.

To think the closest Kaisa came to an Olympic medal was basically in a relay of all places :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

To think the closest Kaisa came to an Olympic medal was basically in a relay of all places :d 

Well, yeah, that's probably one of the most ironic moments of her career, although she had a 6th in 2014 too. It seems that if she's going to have a good major championship race, she seems to get it right in the mass start most often.

Just now, Werloc said:

Well, yeah, that's probably one of the most ironic moments of her career, although she had a 6th in 2014 too. It seems that if she's going to have a good major championship race, she seems to get it right in the mass start most often.

In which she was 3,8 seconds closer to a medal than in the relay. I find that quite unbelievable :d 

Like you said, on her day Laukkanen could very much content with the highest levels (I remember the beautiful double in Oslo, the day after her old shooting coach died and she finally had a good shooting result right in that race), but that's basically it. I'm hopeful for their future though, they've got some good juniors (M/W) if I'm not mistaken.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

In which she was 3,8 seconds closer to a medal than in the relay. I find that quite unbelievable :d 

Like you said, on her day Laukkanen could very much content with the highest levels (I remember the beautiful double in Oslo, the day after her old shooting coach died and she finally had a good shooting result right in that race), but that's basically it. I'm hopeful for their future though, they've got some good juniors (M/W) if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, it's honestly very surprising it took them THAT LONG to actually have good younger talent coming in.

Just now, SalamAkhi said:

Didn't like the comment of MF about Pidruchnyi on French TV ...

When asked about the winner (the interviewer raised obvious doubts, shame on him) he responded "congrats to him, until proven otherwise" :mumble:

That's quite poor indeed, especially coming from someone who ruled the sport with an iron fist for 7-8 years as if that's normal.