website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2019

hckošice

Just now, hckosice said:

Bradbury is the brightest symbol of a forever winner :p

Yeah, and I really doubt he'd be considered more of a winner than someone who won tons of World Cups but happened to not make it at the Olympics :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

28 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That's quite unbelievable.

she's one of those kind of athletes I like to call "successful losers"...

I mean, they are definitely among the top guys in their sport, but they still lack something (the ability to raise their game when it matters the most) to reach the status of "great athlete" / "true champion" and so on...

and forgetting for a while any kind of objectivity, speaking as a pure fan, they are the athletes that makes me mad every time they look on the verge of getting the often deserved "big (Gold) medal" and they waste everything because they're not mentally strong enough...

p.s. in Wierer's case, what makes me really angry about her, it's what she always says after this kind of fails...

she doesn't even seem to care about a medal in the big championships...she's always happy...she never shows to be frustrated/mad because of (another) wasted chance...

it's her attitude...she might be a fantastic woman to live with, but that's no good at all for a "top" athlete...

Edited by phelps