website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2019

hckošice

Cool sprint :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Monzanator said:

Dahlmeier's ski form is below average so she knows she has to work it on the range. Eckhoff still clowned her at the finish. Why give up the inside and then to sneak back?

I agree, i am shocked actually that girls like Brorsson or Eckhoff completely dominate her in cross-country. Its hard to win races when you are such a slow shooter and are also in a bad cross-country shape. Its surprising that she gave up the inside, especially because 1 minute before a german coach told her to close the inside. I have to give respect to Eckhoff for not completely closing the inside, otherwise Dahlmeier would have had to stop in order to not "miss" the finish, very fair by Eckhoff.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, Monzanator said:

Germany will shoot well but I wonder if Preuss' today's performance takes her out of the relay? Hinz was equally lacklustre in the sprint.

Norway has the speed but not the shooting. Russia can sneak under the radar.

Not sure Germany will shoot well, apart from Dahlmeier noone seems to be in a great shooting form. Norway and Germany have won enough already, i would like to see Italy, France or Sweden winning it. Mostly Italy and Sweden because France should win enough medals on the mens side.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

I agree, i am shocked actually that girls like Brorsson or Eckhoff completely dominate her in cross-country. Its hard to win races when you are such a slow shooter and are also in a bad cross-country shape. Its surprising that she gave up the inside, especially because 1 minute before a german coach told her to close the inside. I have to give respect to Eckhoff for not completely closing the inside, otherwise Dahlmeier would have had to stop in order to not "miss" the finish, very fair by Eckhoff.

This is old school biathlon where shooting was paramount. It's only in the last 15-20 years when we've had these extremely good skiers who could win despite missing 1 or 2 shots more than the rest. Look at Kuzmina, 13/20 and still Top 6. That would never happen in the 90s. Dahlmeier knows she won't out-ski anyone at these Champs so she has to keep it clean on the range.