website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2019

hckošice

3 hours ago, Matteo92 said:

Actually, Windisch won over Doll and Fillon Maillet. Martin Fourcade was 6th, Peiffer 8th, Shipulin 17th, Schempp 21st. I believe JTB was the only big gun missing.

Also, Windisch was 4th in the legendary Oslo mass start in 2016, and he missed the last target. Had he hit that one, he would have sprinted for gold. He was the only athlete to shoot 10/10 in last year's Oberhof relay, so he clearly likes these heavily windy conditions.

Good to know. Now i know why i never noticed him. Usually when i see a race with irregular conditions i stop watching. Apparently he never did anything of note under regular conditions (maybe apart from the bronze last year).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

43 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Not everyone has the time to follow every race, especially those in the US/Canada that take place at weird times for european viewers, i am not surprised you wouldnt know anything about that (See, i can write bullshit about you too, without having any proof. I guess thats what happens when you cant finish a single comment without a personal attack. I guess you need that to feel superior. Pretty sad when a grown man needs to brag about his biathlon knowledge on an online forum to feel good about himself). I remember the relay at the olympics last year, the conditions were irregular so i stopped watching after the 2nd exchange or so. Good for you that you dont have any more important things to remember, some of us do, so dont blame them for not learning all the biathlon results of the last 20 years by heart.

What would you say? Did it help our discussion that i made unfounded claims about you or would you say that this will probably distract us from the actual topic?

There are like 15 replays on ES all week so it's not like I have to watch all events live these days. Biathlon is my second favorite winter sport so yeah, I kinda watch that a lot for well over 20 years now. I don't turn the TV off in the middle of Olympics just because of random circumstances. You'd love the Vancouver OG men's sprint though where 7 of Top 10 had bibs 1-10 due to really favorable conditions. Now that would be a reason to complain about. I don't care about your unfounded claims, I assume Germans are anti-Polish biased by default so your various comments just prove my point :p

6 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Wierer gained 2,000 new IG followers today alone :p

That's just @phelps and his 1999 other accounts :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

That's just @phelps and his 1999 other accounts :p 

naaaa...I'm not a "social" user...I'm too old for that stuff...:old:

I already have enough with a couple of forums and watching my favourite sports on TV (I also used to go to the arena to watch Ice Hockey, but since there's nothing serious anymore here in Milan it's quite a while I don't go there anymore...maybe, if only someone could get a good team playing a top european league -one for all, the KHL- back in Milan, then I could also get back to my old habits of spending a couple of nights a week at the city's ice arenas)...:p

p.s. and I only have 1 account...:evil::redcard:

Edited by phelps

On 17/03/2019 at 22:35, Monzanator said:

There are like 15 replays on ES all week so it's not like I have to watch all events live these days. Biathlon is my second favorite winter sport so yeah, I kinda watch that a lot for well over 20 years now. I don't turn the TV off in the middle of Olympics just because of random circumstances. You'd love the Vancouver OG men's sprint though where 7 of Top 10 had bibs 1-10 due to really favorable conditions. Now that would be a reason to complain about. I don't care about your unfounded claims, I assume Germans are anti-Polish biased by default so your various comments just prove my point :p

1) Easy for you to be neutral, when Poland never play a part in the outcome of a race.

2) Did you even try to get my point? You made an unfounded claim, then i did the same to show you that this doesnt lead us anywhere in our discussion and now you complain about my claim and make another unfounded claim yourself ("I assume Germans are anti-Polish biased by default ...")?

Are we living in twilight zone?

Serious question: Did you ever change your opinion after/during a discussion? To me it seems that you dont really care what anyone says and are repeating your point over and over again. Your only intention of being here seems to be to state your opinion and act as if whatever you say is a fact.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

32 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

1) Easy for you to be neutral, when Poland never play a part in the outcome of a race.

2) Did you even try to get my point? You made an unfounded claim, then i did the same to show you that this doesnt lead us anywhere in our discussion and now you complain about my claim and make another unfounded claim yourself ("I assume Germans are anti-Polish biased by default ...")?

Are we living in twilight zone?

Serious question: Did you ever change your opinion after/during a discussion? To me it seems that you dont really care what anyone says and are repeating your point over and over again. Your only intention of being here seems to be to state your opinion and act as if whatever you say is a fact.

And why should I change my opinions? They are MY opinions and that's what matters. I don't only follow sports in which Poland is doing well. I prefer biathlon & alpine skiing over ski jumping hand over fist even though ski jumping is Poland's most successful winter sport right now. You seem like a guy who only follows sports where Germany is doing well and you stated recently Marketa Davidova is the first foreign athlete you might be cheering for. So we're coming from completely different places, you only cheer for your German buddies while I cheer for Polish & a bunch of others regardless whether the sport is popular/successful in Poland or not!

The thing I think Germans are anti-Polish biased is MY opinion and I don't care if you think that's true or not. Personal opinions are not facts, they are personal opinions.

Edited by Monzanator

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

And why should I change my opinions? They are MY opinions and that's what matters. I don't only follow sports in which Poland is doing well. I prefer biathlon & alpine skiing over ski jumping hand over fist even though ski jumping is Poland's most successful winter sport right now. You seem like a guy who only follows sports where Germany is doing well and you stated recently Marketa Davidova is the first foreign athlete you might be cheering for. So we're coming from completely different places, you only cheer for your German buddies while I cheer for Polish & a bunch of others regardless whether the sport is popular/successful in Poland or not!

The thing I think Germans are anti-Polish biased is MY opinion and I don't care if you think that's true or not. Personal opinions are not facts, they are personal opinions.

1) If you arent open to change your opinion, then whats the point of leading a discussion?

2) Another unfounded claim by you ...

Am i happy when Germany is doing good? Yes, for sure. Do i only cheer for german athletes? Absolutely not. Of my top 10 favorite athletes or so, none is german. I am a huge fan of the NBA and my favorite team right now probably are the 76ers who dont have a german player. My favorite player is Victor Oladipo and before that it was Paul George (none of them is german). My favorite winter sport is snowboarding halfpipe and as you might know, Germany is basically nonexistant in that sport. My second favorite winter sport is figure skating (my favorite athlete until her retirement was Mao Asada) and as you might know Germany isnt doing there well either. As an other example my favorite athletes in track and field are Echevarria (Cuba, long jump), Thompson (Jamaica, 100 & 200 m) and Diallo (France, triple jump), none of them is german either ...

3) To be honest i dont care whether you think that german people hate polish people or not. I am sure you have a reason to think that and you are probably too old to be convinced that this might not be true. Are there certain prejudices when it comes to polish people? Yes, but the same is true when it comes to italian/french/british/whatever people. To be honest Poland doesnt play a huge role in german media nowadays and most german people dont really care about Poland nowadays. I would say there are much stronger feelings when it comes to people from Russia/USA/France/GB. I would also say most german people dont really feel a strong connection with Poland. The prejudices about polish people are also weaker nowadays than they used to be. People used to joke about polish people stealing whenever they can, but nowadays most people shifted those negative feelings to people from Northern Africa/Turkey/Romania/Bosnia/Serbia, which of course might have something to do with the economic development in Poland which lead to fewer and fewer poor people from Poland coming to Germany.

I've been watching some of these sports way too long to change my opinions based on a single user on this forum, it's that simple. And yeah, there's an anti-Muslim shift in Europe while Poland must have one of the lowest Muslim populations in the entire Europe (officially there's like 5,000 Muslims living here mostly descendants of the Tatars). Polish people used to emigrate to Germany in the 80s/90s but since we're in the EU the immigration has changed to Holland, UK & Ireland. I live like 5 km from the pre-war Poland/Germany border and a lot of people from here moved back to Germany once they settled the new border on the Oder river. Some of them stayed though. One of my maternal great-grandfathers was a German who never learned to speak Polish properly so there is that.