website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2019

hckošice

This is the 7th gold medal for :ITA in World Champs history (all previous 6 by men) and only the third individual:

1990 Men's Relay

1991 Team Event

1993 Men's Relay

1993 Andreas Zingerle (individual)

1994 Team Event

1997 Wilfried Pallhuber (sprint)

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Btw, does anything think Wierer faked the illness yesterday to boost her chances for the mass start? And she clawed all the deficit back to Vittozzi in the standings. Do we have another Vitkova vs Koukalova catfight in the making now? :whistle:

I hope not because yesterday with Wierer, Italy, in my opinion, would have won the world title and I don't think we will see Gontier shooting clean anymore... 

Patrick and Mike on english ES mentioned conspiracy theory about that.

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Btw, does anything think Wierer faked the illness yesterday to boost her chances for the mass start? And she clawed all the deficit back to Vittozzi in the standings. Do we have another Vitkova vs Koukalova catfight in the making now? :whistle:

5 minutes ago, Andry84 said:

I hope not because yesterday with Wierer, Italy, in my opinion, would have won the world title and I don't think we will see Gontier shooting clean anymore... 

Well that's easy to say :p Without Öberg's misses, Sweden would have won the world title. With Kaisa, 16 less misses and minutes faster skiing times, Finland would have won.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

lookout-we-got-an-expert-over-there.jpg

finally! finally! finally!

I'm so happy Doro proved me wrong...at least once in her lifetime! :whistle:

by the way, she got so close to give me reason also this time...

but apart from that, I've always been so harsh on her because I've always felt so frustrated by her wasted chances...and more than anything by her reaction, her attitude toward those missed chances...

and when it wasn't expected at all, when nobody thought she could do it...bang! the race of her life! :bounce::cheer::champion::bowdown:

p.s. I must confess that a couple of tears have made their appearance down my eyes at the end of the race...

p.p.s. however, today it was Vittozzi to give me some "satisfaction"...just started and she already had 3 missed shots...:facepalm:

in the end, she came back from second last to 8th (and just on Roeiseland's shoulders)...so, not a disaster, after all...

p.p.p.s. however, in the women's division, this is really the world championship of the "Imaginary Invalid"...apart from Oeberg's 15km, there's no race where the podium is not monopolized by supposed sick girls...:whistle::mumble:

then they seem to be offended if someone says "I don't trust you at all"...:rofl::raspberry: