website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2019

hckošice

Honestly, people are disrespecting Norway far too much. The last time that France or Germany actually won a men's relay, was 2017 for both, so until they prove everybody otherwise, Norway is still the biggest favourite.

I'd say Norway is the likeliest to win, then Germany, France and Sweden are very close. Russia is dangerous, but not as good on paper, so the shooting will be important as well as an off chance for Austria on a good day as well as top 10 performances for probably Switzerland, Italy and Czech Republic.

6 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

Well, when I read "entertaining my girlfriend", I think about something completely different. :p But I'm also 23, so that could explain it.

Well I don't see that as 'entertainment' as much as 'living' :evil: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, Kirkpatrick said:

Considering the form on this WC, I'd say your men's team is the favourite for gold. J. Boe is scary, but the rest of the Norway isn't at all.

Personally I think they made a mistake putting Fourcade for the 4th relay, considering his form. I thought they would let QFM do it because he's the strongest right now with Desthieux.

For me Norway is the big favorite, as others said earlier, they have the Boe brothers in good form and Christiansen may be lacking some speed compared to them but he's had good shooting % lately. I always see this team as unbeatable though :lol:

11 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Why Herrmann-Gontier-Eckhoff show?

Surprised that Germany starts with their 2 weakest athletes, there is a good chance that Italy, Norway and maybe some other relays will already be out of reach when Herrmann takes over. Based on what i saw so far my favorites are Norway and Sweden.

Just teasing them considering their past shooting woes. But then again, while I haven't noticed Gontier, both Herrmann and Eckhoff are shooting ok at WC.

9 hours ago, Bohemia said:

Personally I think they made a mistake putting Fourcade for the 4th relay, considering his form. I thought they would let QFM do it because he's the strongest right now with Desthieux.

For me Norway is the big favorite, as others said earlier, they have the Boe brothers in good form and Christiansen may be lacking some speed compared to them but he's had good shooting % lately. I always see this team as unbeatable though :lol:

Have a feeling Fourcade is really angry at himself, and will try to do better than...in whole season basically. But indeed, QFM might have been a wiser choice for the anchor leg.

2 minutes ago, Kirkpatrick said:

Have a feeling Fourcade is really angry at himself, and will try to do better than...in whole season basically. But indeed, QFM might have been a wiser choice for the anchor leg.

But he has probably been trying that all week :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!