website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2019

hckošice

39 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I just can't wait for all of the people holding their breath when Sanfilippo and Gontier will be shooting. I'd assume many still went for Italy, regardless the gamble.

One of the problems of the format of the prediction contest: you basically have to gamble whether or not people are in shape instead of, which would be more normal, being able to predict day-by-day taking the current form into consideration.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

19 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

One of the problems of the format of the prediction contest: you basically have to gamble whether or not people are in shape instead of, which would be more normal, being able to predict day-by-day taking the current form into consideration.

Yup, but I guess that would add additional problems for Wanderer when hosting.

Also, knowing the startlists and bib numbers helps too

Edited by Werloc

1 hour ago, Kirkpatrick said:

@hckosice, do you know the order of your ladies in the relay? I've actually put them on gold in my prediction. :toast:

I'd like Poliakova to start first. Think it might limit the damage.

Brave move, honnesty with all respect not very smart...but certainly brave :p

Still not officially decided, the will unveil it tomorrow. But for now I. Fialková, P. Fiaková, Poliaková, Kuzmina

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Has Poliakova ever worked for the :SVK relay? :mumble:

well, at the most important relay of the whole 4 years cycle. PyeongChang 2018

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

But that's what makes the sport so popular! I bet everyone had more fun picking Johaug for golds in the Seefeld champs, right? :rolleyes:

Not really, no. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Teams are out for relays.

Slovakia did change something, moved Poliakova and Kuzmina a spot, and put Paulina Fialkova as an anchor.

Medal favourites below?

Hinz-Hildebrand-Herrmann-Dahlmeier

Vitozzi-Gontier-Wierer-Sanfilippo

Solemdal-Tandrevold-Eckhoff-Olsbu

Herrmann-Gontier-Eckhoff show on range!

24 minutes ago, Bohemia said:

France relays:

Women: Chevalier, Aymonier, Simon, Braisaz

Men: Guigonnat, Fillon-Maillet, Desthieux, M. Fourcade

Considering the form on this WC, I'd say your men's team is the favourite for gold. J. Boe is scary, but the rest of the Norway isn't at all.