website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2019

hckošice

Just now, Dunadan said:

But they are in the start list on https://biathlonresults.com  ? 

Well, that´s interesting, to see them...

but Nastya declared yesterday to our TV she is still not fit from her sore throat or flu or whatever it was and thus she rather willtake some rest during the individual to focus on the relay (probably the last SVK W relay for a couple of next years) and the Mass Start.

Just now, heywoodu said:

I hope he and Mekhissi somehow miss the plane to Qatar or something :p 

Putting on the same level a repeated cheater and a bad boy/one time opportunist is not very fair.

I reckon you're referring to the Kemboi case ... You can't blame an athlete for obtaining a medal within the rules and then lump him with another athlete obtaining a medal outside those rules :crazy:

From a French perspective, I've felt we've been screwed too much times to complain :) 

3 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Well, that´s interesting, to see them...

but Nastya declared yesterday to our TV she is still not fit from her sore throat or flu or whatever it was and thus she rather willtake some rest during the individual to focus on the relay (probably the last SVK W relay for a couple of next years) and the Mass Start.

What happened to Alzbeta Majdisova? She had some decent results in the IBU Cup last year.

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Anastasiya Kuzmina and Laura Dahlmeier both will skip the Individual.

Denise Herrmann will do the same. I guess i dont have to bother watching it then.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, SalamAkhi said:

Putting on the same level a repeated cheater and a bad boy/one time opportunist is not very fair.

I reckon you're referring to the Kemboi case ... You can't blame an athlete for obtaining a medal within the rules and then lump him with another athlete obtaining a medal outside those rules :crazy:

From a French perspective, I've felt we've been screwed too much times to complain :) 

I'm referring to Mekhissi's agressiveness and overall auro of being an extremely unpleasant person :p 

Anyway, this is going outside biathlon a little :d 

Spoiler

Because if Mekhissi starts doing biathlon, people better stop going there.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

All of Gatlin's medals have been inside the rules. He has never been stripped of any medals. 

6 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

What happened to Alzbeta Majdisova? She had some decent results in the IBU Cup last year.

Retired.

Right now Slovakia has 4 athletes in the W National Team (Kuzmina already officially announced her retirement after this season, both Fialková sisters and Poliaková), a couple of juniors (Horváthová, Heidelmaierová, Machyniaková, Smerčiaková, 2 Remeňová sisters and 2 still very young girls, sadly no way any one of them can fullfil the required criteria for starting in World Cup, maybe in 2-3 years at least one of them if they´ll somehow stay involved in biathlon will be able to reach it) + 3 athletes we had currently at the Universiade Chovanová, Repková and Balogová but their level is too far even from the IBU cup. 

that´s all. the whole full Slovak female biathlon. So as you see the relay at the WCh will be our last relay participation for some time, hopefully the girls will achieve something interesting

Wait what, Kuzmina is retiring? Missed that :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!