website statistics

Track Cycling UCI World Championships 2019

Totallympics

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Meh, wouldn't wanna be the coach who has to pick the names.

Lavreysen, Hoogland, Büchli, Van 't Hoenderdaal, Van den Berg and Bos could all be part of a gold medal winning team sprint team..I'd go for the first three if I had to choose, but damn :p 

If you pick the first three, they don't have a starter for the teamsprint. I hope Lavreysen, Hoogland and Van den Berg will qualify, and maybe Netherlands can use a quota from another cycling discipline to qualify Büchli as well (for example mountainbike). 

4 hours ago, CCB said:

If you pick the first three, they don't have a starter for the teamsprint. I hope Lavreysen, Hoogland and Van den Berg will qualify, and maybe Netherlands can use a quota from another cycling discipline to qualify Büchli as well (for example mountainbike). 

Are you sure that's still possible? For some reason I thought they scratched that rule this time, but I may be wrong.

In any case, not just any of those sprinters can be entered in mountain bike. For that they would need some minimum UCI points (which are not very significant, but it does mean that the likes of Buchli will have to start and finish some MTB race).

#banbestmen

2 hours ago, dcro said:

Are you sure that's still possible? For some reason I thought they scratched that rule this time, but I may be wrong.

In any case, not just any of those sprinters can be entered in mountain bike. For that they would need some minimum UCI points (which are not very significant, but it does mean that the likes of Buchli will have to start and finish some MTB race).

Yes, that's still possible. 

But indeed, very unlikely that Büchli will race some MTB race. Anyway, one of the Dutch world champions won't compete in Tokio :-(