website statistics

Formula 1 FIA World Championship 2019

Totallympics

It's completely insane it had to literally take hours (sparking all kinds of discussions like "stewards are waiting for the fans to go home before announcing Verstappen didn't win, because they're afraid"), but finally FIA has announced there is no further action warranted and the winner keeps his win, much to the delight of among others quite some drivers and ex-drivers. Racing wins.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

La 30.06.2019 la 22:20, heywoodu a spus:

It's completely insane it had to literally take hours (sparking all kinds of discussions like "stewards are waiting for the fans to go home before announcing Verstappen didn't win, because they're afraid"), but finally FIA has announced there is no further action warranted and the winner keeps his win, much to the delight of among others quite some drivers and ex-drivers. Racing wins.

Congrats for the win:clap:A well deserved victory for Max. I think with a better car (and he deserve a better car) he can win the title. Mercedes or maybe Ferrari. Maybe we will see him at these teams someday.

Just now, vlad said:

Congrats for the win:clap:A well deserved victory for Max. I think with a better car (and he deserve a better car) he can win the title. Mercedes or maybe Ferrari. Maybe we will see him at these teams someday.

As dominant as Mercedes is now, I really hope he won't go there. I enjoy a great win like this one, but dominant wins are far more boring in my opinion :p (like Mexico in his case, I believe)

If he goes to Mercedes, literally every race where he doesn't win feels like "meh" from his point of view, that's just no fun. And if he goes to Ferrari, all those Ferrari/Schumacher-fanboys will get a massive orgasm I just really don't want to see :d He's fine where he is now :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Chiar acum, heywoodu a spus:

He's fine where he is now :p 

Yeah, maybe is fine at Red Bull but in this team he can't achieve more than 2 or maybe 3 wins per season, at least for this moment. 

47 minutes ago, vlad said:

Yeah, maybe is fine at Red Bull but in this team he can't achieve more than 2 or maybe 3 wins per season, at least for this moment. 

Which makes those wins much cooler than one of 10+ wins in a season, Mercedes-style :p 

I know the driver doesn't look at what's most enjoyable, but just at what's the best in terms of winning the title (and for now in my opinion that definitely is 'stability', as in, staying with this team for a while longer), but I always find it hard to imagine how people who were fans of Schumacher or are fans of Hamilton (or Vettel some years ago) still enjoy every win when winning is simply the normal situation instead of something special.

Edited by heywoodu

Acum 4 minute, heywoodu a spus:

Which makes those wins much cooler than one of 10+ wins in a season, Mercedes-style :p 

I know the driver doesn't look at what's most enjoyable, but just at what's the best in terms of winning the title (and for now in my opinion that definitely is 'stability', as in, staying with this team for a while longer), but I always find it hard to imagine how people who were fans of Schumacher or are fans of Hamilton (or Vettel some years ago) still enjoy every win when winning is simply the normal situation instead of something special.

True, make those wins much cooler but these wins can't bring you the title, because I'm sure that the main target of Max is to winning the title. You said about the fans who still support Hamilton (or Vettel during Red Bull period) despite the fact that in last years his wins are boring. These fans are real fans. I must to admit that I'm Hamilton's fan since his debut, but I was happy for the rivalry with Rosberg few years ago. That's why I said I want to see Max competing against Hamilton with the same car.  And yes, for someone who support other drivers is frustrating looking at him winning and winning... but I understand your point of view.:yes

Just now, vlad said:

True, make those wins much cooler but these wins can't bring you the title, because I'm sure that the main target of Max is to winning the title. You said about the fans who still support Hamilton (or Vettel during Red Bull period) despite the fact that in last years his wins are boring. These fans are real fans. I must to admit that I'm Hamilton's fan since his debut, but I was happy for the rivalry with Rosberg few years ago. That's why I said I want to see Max competing against Hamilton with the same car.  And yes, for someone who support other drivers is frustrating looking at him winning and winning... but I understand your point of view.:yes

I was a fan of Hamilton when he made his debut and remember cheering a lot when he won the title in Brazil, but ever since he got so dominant and so "look at me, I'm super awesome", seeming to place more importance on his 'image' than his qualities, I've long said goodbye to that :p 

Chiar acum, heywoodu a spus:

I was a fan of Hamilton when he made his debut and remember cheering a lot when he won the title in Brazil, but ever since he got so dominant and so "look at me, I'm super awesome", seeming to place more importance on his 'image' than his qualities, I've long said goodbye to that :p 

Yeah, sometimes is too "modest":d

• 2 weeks later...