website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Nordic Skiing FIS World Championships 2019

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, Kirkpatrick said:

What's more likely, Norway to get remaining 4 gold medals in cross-country, or Germany to completely sweep NK/Ski jumping gold medals?

Definitely the first. I don't see Germany winning women's ski jumping event.

#banbestmen

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Monzanator:

The first. Lundby & Riiber can still spoil the latter tbh.

Plus the male German ski jumpers haven't exactly been dominant this season either. Their domination in the first event was actually quite surprising

vor einer Stunde schrieb Kirkpatrick:

What's more likely, Norway to get remaining 4 gold medals in cross-country, or Germany to completely sweep NK/Ski jumping gold medals?

Weird question ...

In NK/SJ we still have 5 events and in each of them Germany has maybe 50 % to win gold, in CC we have 4 events left and in each of them Norway has about 80 % to win them.

I think a better question would be whether Norway is more likely to sweep the remaining CC events than Germany is to win 4 of the 5 remaining events in SJ/NK.

I think Germany should win NK team, SJ mixed team and SJ men's individual, but NK men's individual and women's SJ individual are open.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just wanted to drop in and give a quick shoutout to my man Irineu Esteve Altimiras of Andorra who’s having a great World Championships for someone not from a powerhouse country.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, Monzanator said:

If you like another Norwegian Nationals disguised as World Championships it's truly excellent indeed. Now we need two relays for Norway and let's face it, the 30/50 mass starts will probably be all Norway again :lol:  Not to mention this Seefeld course is rather flat and uninspiring at best.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the course, but I've seen a really close 15k classic where three guys at some point had a real shot at gold, I saw a really close 10k classic where a teenage girl nearly beat the unbeatable Johaug, there was an insanely close men's skiathlon and a really close women's team sprint. Haters can kiss my sweet balls, I'm enjoying it.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

This is so embarrassing and frustrating. Like our cross country skiing isn't a joke enough. :zip: Tammjärv was the only one who could get some points, now we know why. Our skiers reputation here in Estonia has been very low already for years due to miserable results, this will be the final straw. RIP.

The worst part is who got caught: Andreas Veerpalu - son of Andrus Veerpalu and also Poltoranin, who is coached by Andrus Veerpalu. Andrus himself finished his career with a doping case, he was eventually announced to be clean but this process was kinda skechy and left many Estonians turning their backs to their former hero. Still, he was oficcially declared clean, case closed, everyone moved on. Now his name comes up again and even if he really had no idea what his son and trainee were up to like he claims, it brings more bad light to his case.

57 minutes ago, Herki said:

This is so embarrassing and frustrating. Like our cross country skiing isn't a joke enough. :zip: Tammjärv was the only one who could get some points, now we know why. Our skiers reputation here in Estonia has been very low already for years due to miserable results, this will be the final straw. RIP.

The worst part is who got caught: Andreas Veerpalu - son of Andrus Veerpalu and also Poltoranin, who is coached by Andrus Veerpalu. Andrus himself finished his career with a doping case, he was eventually announced to be clean but this process was kinda skechy and left many Estonians turning their backs to their former hero. Still, he was oficcially declared clean, case closed, everyone moved on. Now his name comes up again and even if he really had no idea what his son and trainee were up to like he claims, it brings more bad light to his case.

Lol.

I guess it was just coincidence that someone gets involved with a big doping case himself and years later both his son and his trainee get involved in something similar :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!