website statistics

Nordic Combined at the Nordic Skiing FIS World Championships 2019

Totallympics

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Monzanator:

World Cup winner winning a gold medal isn't random at all :lol:

Very good performance from the Polish guys, three of them in Top 30 and Kupczak only lost 14 places in the skiing which is probably a record for him.

First individual WC gold for :NOR in Nordic combined since 2001.

1) If you want to discuss, then ...

a) Reply to my comment

b) Read my comment before you reply

2) I said that Riiber deserved that gold medal, but Gruber winning a medal here is completely random (so is Germany not having anyone on the podium)

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Gruber still had the 4th fastest skiing time? (Hakola had the best, Riiber 6th). I don't see how being Top 10 in both jumping & skiing makes a Top 3 finish random?

Germany obviously lost too much on the jumping hill and Rydzek is just about the only one who made serious inroads but over a minute behind at the start made his challenge futile. Riessle didn't seem to even try but can't blame him since a Top 10 finish is not what's satisfying for him.

Szczepan Kupczak's 18th place is the highest finish for a :POL athlete in this event since Tadeusz Bafia finished 17th in Seefeld 1985 ;)

Edited by Monzanator

Gruber medalling random? Lol.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Gruber medalling random? Lol.

How did i know that you would comment on this 100 % ... (of course without replying to the actual comment, since that would mean you would have to get into an discussion and since you know you have no point, you didn't even try).

I know for you every outcome ever was predictable (that's why you are so superior in all the prediction contests), but for some of us it might have been quite a surprise to see someone winning the silver medal who didn't have a single podium finish this season and was never better than 7th ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

5 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

How did i know that you would comment on this 100 % ... (of course without replying to the actual comment, since that would mean you would have to get into an discussion and since you know you have no point, you didn't even try).

I know for you every outcome ever was predictable (that's why you are so superior in all the prediction contests), but for some of us it might have been quite a surprise to see someone winning the silver medal who didn't have a single podium finish this season and was never better than 7th ...

Yet these champs are held in his home country. I guess you don't accept the possibility he could have sacrificed the World Cup to focus on these champs - potentially his last ever? And you said top Germans are taking it easy in the post-Olympic season? Gruber could be doing the same and yet you call his medal random? :lol:

Just now, Monzanator said:

Yet these champs are held in his home country. I guess you don't accept the possibility he could have sacrificed the World Cup to focus on these champs - potentially his last ever? And you said top Germans are taking it easy in the post-Olympic season? Gruber could be doing the same and yet you call his medal random? :lol:

1) Gruber almost didn't get selected for this competition, it was between him and Denifl and he got lucky that he was even selected. I very much doubt that he had a guarantee to be selected, no matter how he would do during the world cup.

2) Why would Gruber take it easy if ...

a) The world championships are in his home country

b) He is 36 years old and this is the biggest competition for him until the 2022 olympics (where he will be 39 years old), it's very doubtful whether he will ever get a chance like this again.

I got used to you arguing with me on every thing i say just for the sake of it, but your nonsense is too easy to expose, please apply yourself from now on.

On 01/03/2019 at 11:26, Monzanator said:

You're the one who majority people disagree with here :lol: Your ego is too big for you see the whole picture.

1) Why don't you quote me if you are interested in a discussion? If you aren't, then just stay quiet.

2) I am still waiting for you or our dutch friend to give any plausible reason why him medalling wasn't a big surprise. As far as i can see i am the only one here actually trying to lead a serious discussion.

3) Majority of people = 2? Wow, strong argument, especially considering you are one of them and the other one has made a hobby out of disagreeing with 99 % of what i say. I don't want to get into a philosophical discussion, but maybe it's not the best idea to just blindly follow whatever the majority of people currently considers to be true.

Let's face it, nordic combined is probably the least followed event of the entire FIS World Cup series. It's like luge on skis for Germany so obviously every German pretends to be an expert. There is no discussion available because Netherlands & Poland play zero part in any success in this event (but we're at our best since the early 90s right now thanks to a bunch of ex-ski jumpers who instead of quitting the sport actually switched over to NC). So I speak my mind and I don't follow any majority because I don't read any NC press and there's like ZERO TV coverage for nordic combined in Poland. TVP Sport doesn't even broadcast the NC events here, they have a lenghty ski jumping studio instead ;) However I see that Gruber is still the best skier Austria has and that's enough for me not to call his performances random also given his past success. If Kircheisen did the same you'd be praising the old fox but Gruber? And I don't even care about the usua Germany vs Austria cc beef which probably explains why you dislike Gruber so much :p