website statistics

Nordic Combined at the Nordic Skiing FIS World Championships 2019

Totallympics

On 02/03/2019 at 15:23, Monzanator said:

Let's face it, nordic combined is probably the least followed event of the entire FIS World Cup series. It's like luge on skis for Germany so obviously every German pretends to be an expert. There is no discussion available because Netherlands & Poland play zero part in any success in this event (but we're at our best since the early 90s right now thanks to a bunch of ex-ski jumpers who instead of quitting the sport actually switched over to NC). So I speak my mind and I don't follow any majority because I don't read any NC press and there's like ZERO TV coverage for nordic combined in Poland. TVP Sport doesn't even broadcast the NC events here, they have a lenghty ski jumping studio instead ;) However I see that Gruber is still the best skier Austria has and that's enough for me not to call his performances random also given his past success. If Kircheisen did the same you'd be praising the old fox but Gruber? And I don't even care about the usua Germany vs Austria cc beef which probably explains why you dislike Gruber so much :p

That team gold in 2017 made me so happy just because of Kircheisen after literally always missing out on gold :cheer:

xLV6qlJ.png

Is Nordic combined shown on Polish Eurosport by the way? It is in the Netherlands, although mostly with a Belgian commentator who mostly does cycling normally :p On regular sports websites there's never any news about NC, during the Olympics maybe there's a tiny mention here or there because every final is usually at least mentioned somewhere (even if it's just a result without actual text).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 godziny temu, heywoodu napisał:

Is Nordic combined shown on Polish Eurosport by the way? It is in the Netherlands, although mostly with a Belgian commentator who mostly does cycling normally :p On regular sports websites there's never any news about NC, during the Olympics maybe there's a tiny mention here or there because every final is usually at least mentioned somewhere (even if it's just a result without actual text).

It is but our wonderful commentator can't understand what "wave start" is. It's sad cause he's been commenting NC fom many years.

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

I remember. You were happier than Kircheisen himself.

Booooo for your reaction back then.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!